News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CALL HISTORY (HOW DO I FIND IT?)

Started by RandyErie, October 18, 2012, 10:31:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandyErie

I have searched the forums and read multiple threads which seem to indicate the CALL HISTORY can be viewed under the status tab.

I cannot find it anywhere and I am 100% sure I'm just doing it wrong.

Could someone provide some step by step on how to view call history?

Thank you

Randy (OBi202)

Ostracus

QuoteAccess the OBi Device Management Web Page:

1.       From a phone attached to the OBi, dial * * * to access the OBi Config Attendant.

2.       Choose "1" to hear the IP Address of the OBi read back to you. Write this down.

3.       Enter the OBi IP Address in a local PC web browser address field:

4.       When prompted, enter "admin" for user name and "admin" for password.

QBZappy

RandyErie,

If you are looking for the call history on the Expert configuration page, don't drive yourself crazy. For some reason they removed that feature some time ago. As Ostracus  mentioned, the only way to consult the call history is via the local unit web page.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RandyErie

I have tried the ip address method and it does not work saying web page not found.

So I did IPCONFIG and got the address for my router and entered that and the menu for the router appeared.

If I enter the obi ip address from dialing *** it will not work.

Any thoughts?

QBZappy

RandyErie,

If this is the first time that you try the unit web interface you need to key in some digits on the handset to allow it. At the moment I don't remember what it is. You can look it up in the admin guide.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Ostracus

QuoteAdditional Configuration Options Available with the OBi IVR after Pressing * * * 0:

Selection

Note: Always Press "#" After Entering Selection

Announcement

What Can You Do?

Enable Web Management Access from WAN port

The current value will be read back.   (Effective in Router mode only)

0: Disable Access from WAN

1: Enable Access from WAN

Press 1 to enter a new value.

Press 2 to set the default value.

Press 0 to repeat the information.

Press # to enter another configuration selection.

BearJerCares

I am having exactly the same issue in which the IP address of the Obi obtained by ***1 is not giving me the correct IP to enter the Obi Wan Portal (or whatever it is properly called) through http://192.168.0.128.  Any suggestions?  I'm trying to get into the Obi's call history because Callcentric is not sending me the NAME for incoming caller ID and they said to take a look in the Obi to see if both name and number are there.  Clear as mud?  I've been trying to figure out the problem for days now.  Thanks!

Shale

Quote from: QBZappy on October 19, 2012, 08:12:24 AM
RandyErie,

If this is the first time that you try the unit web interface you need to key in some digits on the handset to allow it. At the moment I don't remember what it is. You can look it up in the admin guide.

Step 2 in this:
To check the call history log:

1.  If you do not know the IP address of your OBi, find IP address:
from your phone dial ***1 and listen for the IP address.  Write it
down.

2. Enable web access from the WAN for your OBi:
Let a comma represent a pause.
dial ***0,30#, 1, 1
Your OBi should read your current IP number to you. It is often
192.168.__.__ or 10.0.__/.___ where __ represents some numbers. Write
that down.

3. Enter the IP address that you wrote down into the address box on your
browser. If you don't know what a browser is, that means Internet Explorer,
Chrome or Safari. It could  also mean Firefox,  etc.

Be prepared to enter the password for your OBi. The username is admin.

4. On the left, click Status -> Call History.

carl

It shows only 50 calls. Did not that used to be like 200?