News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Porting Time Warner Cable Phone # to OBi110

Started by MichaelC, June 04, 2013, 08:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dircom

If I am not mistaken, you can get a DID suitable for business use from Anveo for 4 bucks a month (free incoming calls)
you can still use GV for outbound, as long as it lasts for free

also they have free porting offer
SPECIAL OFFER! Port a phone number in US or Canada for FREE to 'Personal Unlimited' or 'Office Unlimited' rate plan with 12 month pre-payment for the phone number. (porting request must be submited before January 1st 2014)

MichaelC

I just went to Walmart and picked up a 30 dollar phone.  Went over to T mobile and they hooked me up with a day to day plan for 15 days.  I then called T mobile and began the porting process.  They needed my Time Warner account and password.  They said porting should take 2-3 days and I would receive a text message when complete.

:)

MichaelC

Porting over to T mobile has taken a few days since my last post.  Up next is getting google voice to port over my T mobile number! :)

MichaelC

Does it take time for my porting to go through all the networks?  My number is a T mobile number now.  I just tried porting over to google and got this message.

Porting your mobile number to Google Voice is unavailable
Your mobile number can not be ported at this time.
- This number appears to be from an area we don't currently support for porting.
- We currently don't support porting from your carrier. We apologize and are working on adding support for more carriers.

I assume I need to wait a day or so?  Please help!

MichaelC

UGGGGG

I could of SWORN before I did all this research there would be ZERO problems porting my number.  It's on a T mobile carrier and now google says it can't port it over!

Ooops! This number appears to be from an area we don't currently support.

I am screwed?  What are my other options?

Everton

Quote from: MichaelC on August 17, 2013, 11:11:16 PM
UGGGGG

I could of SWORN before I did all this research there would be ZERO problems porting my number.  It's on a T mobile carrier and now google says it can't port it over!

What are my other options?  I suggest you go back and read Rick's post about returning the OBi110.  You are a lost cause.  You keep asking the same questions over and over again and as Rick said, you fail to do the basic research necessary to answer your own questions.  I think you ask questions just for the sake of asking questions.  What business do you run?  I shrudder at the thought of you running a business!

MichaelC

Quote from: Everton on August 18, 2013, 01:47:03 AM
Quote from: MichaelC on August 17, 2013, 11:11:16 PM
UGGGGG

What are my other options?  I suggest you go back and read Rick's post about returning the OBi110.  You are a lost cause.  You keep asking the same questions over and over again and as Rick said, you fail to do the basic research necessary to answer your own questions.  I think you ask questions just for the sake of asking questions.  What business do you run?  I shrudder at the thought of you running a business!

I guess if it makes you feel better to call someone names then good for you.  This is suppose to be a business / support forum, not some vigilante board.  What's next? Everyone making fun of grammar and punctuation like the use of this unknown word "shrudder"

Before I started this process.  I checked to make sure my land line number was able to port to both T Mobile and GV.

I'm 99% sure they both checked out.

I am getting this error.

Porting your mobile number to Google Voice is unavailable
Your mobile number can not be ported at this time.
- This number appears to be from an area we don't currently support for porting.
- We currently don't support porting from your carrier. We apologize and are working on adding support for more carriers.

Could there be some type of "DEAD" period as I'm pretty sure GV had no problems porting my number before T Mobile had it!

Shale

Quote from: MichaelC on August 18, 2013, 08:38:45 AM

Before I started this process.  I checked to make sure my land line number was able to port to both T Mobile and GV.

Are you saying you got a positive indication with the site described in reply 13 on this thread? What does that indication look like?

I tried putting in some numbers there, but I did not succeed in getting the info I was looking for on the two numbers I tried. I am not actually intending to port any numbers to GV,so my motivation was limited. I ported to a SIP provider, and that was smooth.

MichaelC

Quote from: Shale on August 18, 2013, 08:48:39 AM
Quote from: MichaelC on August 18, 2013, 08:38:45 AM

Before I started this process.  I checked to make sure my land line number was able to port to both T Mobile and GV.

Are you saying you got a positive indication with the site described in reply 13 on this thread? I tried it, but I did not succeed in getting the info I was looking for on the two numbers I tried. I am not actually intending to port any numbers to GV. I ported to a SIP provider, and that was smooth.

I followed up with a post after this telling him I had no idea what NPA-NXX was etc etc and nobody answered that question.  I even googled and found nothing.  So I have no idea what to look up at Bandwidth.com

You SHOULD be able to port your number to the Verizon and then to Google Voice.  GV can only port from a Mobile Carrier at this time.  The limiting issue is whether GV can port YOUR specific number, which depends on the rate center that the number is located.  GV uses Bandwidth.com for their DIDs and they do not have a presence in every Rate Center.  So, if Bandwidth.com doesn't have a presence in your rate center, you will not be able to port YOUR number to GV irrespective of which Mobile Carrier you use as the intermediate.

You can use the link below to see if Bandwidth.com can port your number.  You need the first 6 numbers of your DID to use the tool:

NPA-NXX

http://www.localcallingguide.com/lca_telco.php?ocn_name=bandwidth&npa=&ocn=

Shale

You are referring to reply 15 on this thread. A DID is a Direct Inward Dialing number -- your phone number that you were trying to port. The first 6 digits would be your area code followed by the next 3 digits. It would not include a leading 1 and it would not include the last 4 digits of the number.

What did you mean in reply 26 when you said "Before I started this process.  I checked to make sure my land line number was able to port to both T Mobile and GV." ? How did you do that?

dircom

I followed up with a post after this telling him I had no idea what NPA-NXX was etc etc and nobody answered that question.  I even googled and found nothing.  So I have no idea what to look up at Bandwidth.com
..............[/quote]

You don't know what NPA-NXX is, and you could not find the answer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Numbering_Plan

If that is really true, that you tried to find the answer and could not.  Then you need to step back from the porting issue, and get someone to teach you how to use a search engine.  People are quite helpful on this forum, but you have to be able to perform basic research on your own.

MichaelC

Quote from: Shale on August 18, 2013, 10:45:08 AM
You are referring to reply 15 on this thread. A DID is a Direct Inward Dialing number -- your phone number that you were trying to port. The first 6 digits would be your area code followed by the next 3 digits. It would not include a leading 1 and it would not include the last 4 digits of the number.

What did you mean in reply 26 when you said "Before I started this process.  I checked to make sure my land line number was able to port to both T Mobile and GV." ? How did you do that?

Great, that's all someone had to say.  704.846 are the first 6 digits in my number.

I went to two different URLs provided on these forums.

I put in my number first too see if GV would accept it.  It said YES
I then went over to T mobile to see if I could port it.  It said YES

This is why I am confused.

MichaelC

Quote from: dircom on August 18, 2013, 10:47:29 AM
I followed up with a post after this telling him I had no idea what NPA-NXX was etc etc and nobody answered that question.  I even googled and found nothing.  So I have no idea what to look up at Bandwidth.com

You don't know what NPA-NXX is, and you could not find the answer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Numbering_Plan

If that is really true, that you tried to find the answer and could not.  Then you need to step back from the porting issue, and get someone to teach you how to use a search engine.  People are quite helpful on this forum, but you have to be able to perform basic research on your own.
[/quote]

Another insult.  Thank you  ;D

dircom

Sorry if you took that as an insult.  I was hoping you would take it as constructive reasoning.

Rick

My last response on this thread.  Helping every 3 weeks is counter-productive. 

I suggest since your port just completed to T-Mobile that it's highly possible that the reason you're getting the message is that you're not waiting long enough.  If it did indeed go through yesterday, I'd give it 48 hours and then try again with GV.  I suspect it doesn't see that it's currently at T-Mobile.

Best of luck, I'm out.

MichaelC

Quote from: Rick on August 18, 2013, 12:15:58 PM
My last response on this thread.  Helping every 3 weeks is counter-productive. 

I suggest since your port just completed to T-Mobile that it's highly possible that the reason you're getting the message is that you're not waiting long enough.  If it did indeed go through yesterday, I'd give it 48 hours and then try again with GV.  I suspect it doesn't see that it's currently at T-Mobile.

Best of luck, I'm out.

Thank you Rick!