News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Changing Star Codes

Started by pitcritter, June 07, 2013, 05:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitcritter

I've searched for what I believe must be a simple solution, but so far...no luck.

My VOIP provider (freephoneline.ca) uses *98 as the number to dial for VM.  I can just dial my 10 digit number, but I've been using a PAP2 for years and I'd like to bump up the WAF on my new toy a little.  (Change is always bad, you know.)

The Obi uses *98 for a "Blind Transfer", a feature I'll likely never use.  I know that I can change that to *99 or something else available through Expert Config. 

My question is how do I have the *98 code sent directly to SP1 (my default for outgoing calls).  I assume that a Dial Plan change would be required.  Currently, my dial plans are 100% stock.

Is there a simple solution?

azrobert

In Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General
Add following to the DigitMap: *98|

The following is the default DigitMap for an OBI110
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Change it to look like this:
(*98|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Also, change the star code for Blind Transfer.

pitcritter

Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll give it a shot in the morning and report back my results.

Jackson

Well a tad different, but you can set your number up in Obi's speed dial at 98.  And then press 98#.

Close enough?

pitcritter

Jackson, I appreciate the outside-the-box thinking.  That's a great idea.

If AZRobert's suggestion hadn't worked (it did, flawlessly, thanks) I would have definitely used your method.