News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBIPLUS vestiges confusing non-OBIPLUS configuration

Started by xzaphod2, June 07, 2013, 06:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xzaphod2

Hello forum. I am an xzaphod alias. I found I had to create a new obitalk.com account. Here's why and my question: How do I clean up an account after OBiPLUS is subscribed then unsubscribed?

Shortened story. I have 2 OBI202's, both running 3.0.1. I subscribed to OBIPLUS but had problems. I decided to unsubscribe to OBIPLUS and restore the old configuration until I could resolve the problems.

The penultimate recovery attempt was to unsubscribe OBIPLUS, delete both OBI202s from my obitalk.com account, perform factory resets on both OBI202s (followed the FAQ instructions rigorously), added the OBI202s back to the tried-and-true obitalk.com account, and found configuration leftovers from my OBIPLUS configuration. Specifically, I found extension numbers and names that I had used in OBIPLUS. Attempts to configure each of the OBI202's separately failed. On the former secondary OBI202, I got the 3-tone error and an OBI server message saying the dialed phone number was rejected by the service (Google Voice) due to a 404 (not found).

I'd think cleaning my obitalk.com account (unsubscribe to OBIPLUS, remove both OBI202s, perform factory resets, I even removed OBION from my compuer) would be enough.

I want to try OBIPLUS again but I don't want a proliferation of abandoned obitalk.com accounts. I'd like to go back to the original obitalk.com account.

The ultimate solution, as you may guess, is to create a spanking-new obitalk.com account and add the devices to that account. This seems to have worked just fine as I've restored my OBI202's to operation.

???

Thanks

QBZappy

I think you need the obi support to delete the account for you. Send them a request with a link to this post.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

xzaphod2

Thanks. I submitted a support ticket to have the old account deleted.