News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi100 sp2 'backing off'

Started by Mique, March 08, 2013, 03:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mique

Hello, my obi100 has been working great for a couple of years now, with two gvoice numbers, SP1 and SP2. I recently changed the google voice/gmail password and now SP2 ( the one i changed) now says 'backing off' So I went in to the settings in Obitalk and reset the password for SP2 to match the google voice/mail pw. rebooted the obi100 but I still have 'backing off' on SP2!

Any help and suggestions are very welcome as our home phone does not ring, but the cell phone assigned to SP2 does!

Update - I deleted SP2 account rebooted obi100 then activated SP2 account again, still same result 'Backing Off'

I need some help, Please!

Update Update - I have fixed the problem! I accessed the OBI100 via IP address and reset the password for SP2 and saved and rebooted , connected! So, if anyone has similar problem use the web browser and enter the IP address to make the changes.

dharmika

same problem. no idea how to do that, access obi via ip address?

azrobert

Quote from: dharmika on June 08, 2013, 01:23:02 PM
same problem. no idea how to do that, access obi via ip address?

In your Internet Browser enter the IP address of your OBi and hit Enter.
The IP address will be something like 192.168.1.100
You will be prompted for Username and Password.
Username = admin
Password = whatever you changed it to

If you don't know the IP address dial ***4 on the phone attached to the OBi.

Shale

To get into the direct web interface,

1.  If you do not know the IP address of your OBi, find IP address:
from your phone dial ***1 and listen for the IP address. Your OBi should read your current IP number to you. It is often
192.168.__.__ or 10.0.__/.___ where __ represents some numbers. Write it down. (***4 will also give the IP address, but ***4 also gives you the chance to change it)

2. Enable web access from the WAN for your OBi:
Let a comma represent a pause.
dial ***0,30#, 1, 1.

3. Enter the IP address that you wrote down into the address box on your browser. If you don't know what a browser is, that means Internet Explorer, Chrome or Safari. It could  also mean Firefox,  etc.

Be prepared to enter the password for your OBi. The username is admin.