News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202: how to do this?

Started by AAABen, June 10, 2013, 07:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAABen

Hi, I have a Obi202 and I am trying to do this,

My "SP1 Service" was my home SIP account and
My "SP4 Service" was my local Asterisk server...

What I want is that when there is a call to my home SIP account, I want Obi202 to also ring
my local Asterisk server.

In my " SP1 Service " settings,  I have X_InboundCallRoute value
"{ph1,ph2,sp4(666)}"

Which I think it means that: when SP1 are called, phone1 and phone2 rings, and also
call number "666" on sp4.. (where sp4 is registered as extension '999'  on an Asterisk server).

But the "sp4(666)" didn't ring the 666 extension at all.

Thanks!!

hwittenb

Looks OK without the quote signs.

To troubleshoot the problem, if you put sp4(666) in speed dial entry 10 and dial 10# does it ring the 666 extension?

If you look in the OBi202 Call History does it document the call forking on the incoming call?

AAABen

Quote from: hwittenb on June 11, 2013, 10:17:33 AM
Looks OK without the quote signs.

To troubleshoot the problem, if you put sp4(666) in speed dial entry 10 and dial 10# does it ring the 666 extension?

If you look in the OBi202 Call History does it document the call forking on the incoming call?

Thanks, I tried and it did worked. Just a few seconds delay for the sp4 extension to ring....

But my other question is ,

why the X_InboundCallRoute value of my sp1 got reset automatically??

I wanted to set X_InboundCallRoute to "{ph1,sp4(6688)}"

It was properly set and I have tested it working.

yet after 10 or 20 minutes, the X_InboundCallRoute value is somehow reset to be {ph1,ph2}

Shale

Quote from: AAABen on June 12, 2013, 05:45:33 PM

I suspect you changed the X_InboundCallRoute value directly on your OBi rather than using the expert mode of OBiTalk. Then you used OBiTalk to make some other change, and your direct change got overwritten. The thing to do is to make your changes via OBiTalk, or make no changes via OBiTalk.

AAABen

Quote from: Shale on June 12, 2013, 06:15:32 PM
Quote from: AAABen on June 12, 2013, 05:45:33 PM

I suspect you changed the X_InboundCallRoute value directly on your OBi rather than using the expert mode of OBiTalk. Then you used OBiTalk to make some other change, and your direct change got overwritten. The thing to do is to make your changes via OBiTalk, or make no changes via OBiTalk.

Thanks  a lot!

Everton

I'm curious as to why you do not have the local Asterisk Server handling ALL calls, instead of setting things up with a "mixed" system?  Why not set up all your SIP trunks on your Asterisk Server and have a number of extensions on SP1 to SP4?  That way, all calls are handled by your Asterisk Server, which is a much more powerful appliance than your OBI ATA and provide a single source for handling all providers, instead of split it between the OBi ATA and the Asterisk Server.  I see no reason why SP1 (SIP) provider is set up directly on the OBi..... Should only be extensions that are registered to the Server!