News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How Set up Caller Id Voip.ms

Started by paulb787, June 11, 2013, 05:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulb787

I am wanting to use voip.ms to have cnam and cid. however I want my outgoing caller id to show a different number. how can I do this? is there a setting in obi

RFord

Actually, you set the Caller ID on the VOIP.ms Portal, under Main Menu>>Account Setting>>General>>CallerID Number.

hwittenb

You set the caller id number on your voip.ms account page.  There is a setting under Account Settings-->General and also, if you have any sub-account under Edit Sub-Account.

As to caller id name, CNAM, the voip.ms support wiki says the following:

Outgoing Caller ID name

The caller ID name is an additional information you can pass along with your Caller ID number. This will also be received on the callee's end and it could be your name or you Business.
For example: "John Smith"<9145551234>
The sample above is a Caller ID, that includes both Caller ID name and Caller ID number, commonly abbreviated as CID and CNAM among other variations.
Is not possible to set any Caller ID name from the voip.ms portal.
If you will be making calls to Canadian numbers, you can simply pass the Caller ID name from your device or system (if it supports it, most Softphones do). You will need to check for a field on the interface from the device to enter this setting, and in case you are using a more advanced system, get assistance to set the outgoing caller ID name set up.
The Caller ID name on US however works different, this is controlled by a national CNAM database, with records of numbers and names matching each number. When you make a call to a US number, you will send a caller ID number, and the system will check on the CNAM database for a name matching the same Caller ID number you passed, in order to display both name and number to final phone.
CNAM is only available for some USA numbers. In order to update your Caller ID on the CNAM database for your US calls, there is a process to follow which has a cost of $10 USD (one time only). Please contact voip.ms support to get further details on what information you need to submit and to confirm if your local US DID is available for CNAM update.
CNAM update is only available for some Local US DIDs. Toll frees can not have their Caller ID name updated.