News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

phone not ringing; using GV

Started by JavaPop, September 18, 2011, 05:34:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JavaPop

I have it set up NOT to go into voicemail in GV settings; but for the past couple weeks, the phones don't seem to be ringing, at all. Calls are all going directly into VM. Is there another place I need to check?

jimates

If the phone you are dialing from is listed as a forwarding phone, make sure to select "NO" for Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone? This is in the advanced settings for each forwarding phone.

If the number is listed in your contact list make sure the settings for the contact are not directed directly to VM.

Make sure you have made at least one successful call from within gmail using google chat.

Select Google Chat as a forwarding phone in your google voice phones list.

JavaPop

The phone is not listed as a forwarding phone. I just have calls forwarded to Google Chat checked.

I checked contact, and It doesn't appear to have it pointed to direct VM.

and I have made calls via google chat. I just tried calling my cell phone via gmail/google chat, and it rang the OBI phone. I am a little confused now...  any additional ideas?

Quote from: jimates on September 18, 2011, 08:28:48 PM
If the phone you are dialing from is listed as a forwarding phone, make sure to select "NO" for Direct access to voicemail when calling your Google number from this phone? This is in the advanced settings for each forwarding phone.

If the number is listed in your contact list make sure the settings for the contact are not directed directly to VM.

Make sure you have made at least one successful call from within gmail using google chat.

Select Google Chat as a forwarding phone in your google voice phones list.