News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can I use 2 Obi202's and put all 4 lines with the same GV Phone # and have 4 lin

Started by Armada, May 26, 2013, 11:56:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armada

Is it possible to use 2 Obi202's in the same network and have all 4 lines use the same Google Voice Phone #, so when I get 2 3 or 4 phone calls at my business at the same time, I can have 4 conversions going on?

I had 2 standard AT&T phone lines (2 phone numbers) and when you call the main # if it seen that line was busy it would automatically roll over to the other phone # to ring.  I'm not asking if Obi has the Roll-Over fetcher which i'm sure it does not, but if i can keep reusing the same phone# during different conversations.

pikach

I have been trying the same thing for quite some time.
For outgoing calls its not an issue, the issue is with incoming calls, even though the latest firmware was supposed to have this feature that 2 obi's can carry the same gv account and both will ring, for some reason I cant figure it out and its still dosnt work, maybe its a setting that I have to configure im not sure.

Colort00

Hello, How do you get them working. I have been trying to setup for months. Can you provide some info how to configure the IP Phones? I am not able to get a dial tone.
Thank you much.

CoalMinerRetired

A few points.  I think you'll have an overall limit of two simultaneous calls, incoming or out going, at any one time. I read that somewhere but at the moment cannot locate it in the GV documentation.

GV will not do a call hunt group thing. Other (paid) VoIP providers do offer that feature with their SOHO packages.

If you can live with two simultaneous calls, for incoming calls you'll need to get the settings right. Disable Call Waiting, *57, do this on all phones (phone lines). Then enable X_GTalkSimultaneousRing under Voice Services, and look at the field X_XMPPPriority, the tool tips help for this is somewhat ambiguous and there's mixed results reported here on changing it. I only played around with this setup for a very short time, then had to get things back online in normal mode.

Here are two threads on the GV product forum, note that in both the GV people advise against doing what you are seeking to do:

https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/voice/-wlh_PRTWCg/UICXErRXDSUJ
https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/voice/1BX6GEY6z80/hhR9bCyX_CQJ

Tuan

Did you check out ObiPlus for business? Seems like you can set an obi202 as Master and other obi's as clients to configure multiple extensions. Not sure if you can use 1 gv for 4 lines though.

You also may want to check the Ooma Office. It's more expensive, but a lot easier setup.