News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

want to monitor "line in use" status

Started by BillDoe, June 13, 2013, 02:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillDoe

My Obi 110 is connected to a landline so we can have 911 capability. This line is a Charter VOIP line (we use it as a business line), so the signal goes from a coax cable to an Arris telephone modem, then I split the output...one line to a business phone and the other to the Obi (to get the 911 capability on the rest of our phones using Obi/Google Voice)

Question: Is there any way to see (via Obitalk website) when the business phone is in use?

QBZappy

Look at the "Call status". Not a very efficient way to do this.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

BillDoe

Call status or phone status? And I need to keep refreshing right? Is there third party software that does this?

Rick

Or, you could remove the business phone and have the OBi control everything.  Set it up so 911 calls go to the Charter line or if that's busy you call the emergency direct dial number instead (posts on this).  Set it up so everyone making calls gets the GV/other VoIP lines not the Charter line, unless they are making a business call in which case they dial **8 first.  And, setup the incoming Charter line to get a special ring, so no one answers it if it's a business call.

ianobi

You could use OBi110's "barge-in" facility. Normally pressing # gives you PSTN dial tone if the line is free or fast busy if the PSTN line is in use by a parallel device.

Enable this:
Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > Calling Features > EnableLINEPortBargeIn

Now pressing # gives you PSTN dial tone if the line is free or you join the existing call if the line is in use. I guess then it will be "please get off the line I need to make an emergency call!"

This method does mean that you do not have to wait for the existing call to finish while you are having your emergency!