News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

brought obi110 to vietnam but does not work

Started by bthome, June 17, 2013, 11:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bthome

I set up an Obi110 here in the US with Google voice and it was working fine here.  My wife took it to Vietnam and plug it into the router, and it didn't work.  My Obitalk dashboard said it's offline.  Is there something else she's suppose to do?  What did she do wrong?  Please advise.

RFord

Saying that it didn't work doesn't say much.  What didn't work?  Did it get an IP address from the Router?  Did you setup a Static IP address on the OBi110 before taking it to Vietnam?  If you did, your Router in Vietnam might be on a totally different IP range (subnet?).  For instance if you assign a Static IP such as 192.168.1.50, but the Router is set up to hand out IP under 192.168.2. xxx, the OBi110 will not get an IP from the Router.  Can your wife try plugging the OBi110 into another Router at another location?

If you need help, you need to provide more detail information beyond that it did not work.  What lights came on when the OBi110 was plugged into the LAN Port of the Router.  Do you know the Model number of the Router, etc.  Could she dial the Obihai's echo test number:  **9 222 222 222?

CoalMinerRetired

Agreed not a lot of info to work on. Beat approach is go through the troubleshooting approach here: http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/

bthome

Thanks for the input.  It turned out that google blocked the service from the OBI110 because they thought someone was trying to hacked into my google account when it was plugged in from Vietnam.  Once I read my google mail and checked that I recognized that connection, then it worked fine.  I'm one happy camper now.