News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Porting # out of ooma to t-mobile prepaid

Started by dadab, June 23, 2013, 09:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dadab

My first request to port was rejected by ooma. Reason was that my information does not match. I am pretty sure information I provided is correct. Any one has experience that can help me here? I had t-mobile submitted a second request today.

dadab

I had t-mobile rep contact ooma rep while I was on hold. It turns out address to be submitted on the request would be ooma address,not my billing/account address with my phone #. Bummer. Still waiting on the transfer. Not a pleasant experience with ooma.

dadab

Well the port is complete.  :) but the dual service is still on even after 24 hours and my incoming calls are still ringing on home phone....still waiting before initiating GV porting.

dadab

Seems like number porting is complete. Calls both ways goes to t-mobile. GV says I can port my # but gives this message.

Number Porting is currently unavailable. Please check back again tomorrow.

Any one had this issue before where they have to wait longer after port to t-mobile is complete?

dadab

GV number porting came back up after a week.  ;D. Porting initiated after 2 digit verification. Will I still get any more calls on my t-mobile cell from GV?

dadab

;D

Done. GV is up and active and anveo e911 added. Advantage? Saving of $2.9/month after getting rid of ooma taxes. Hopefully GV will keep its service free for years to come  :)