News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cell phone rings during call on home phone

Started by morenone, June 04, 2013, 06:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

morenone

Hi everybody, i'm hoping someone has a solution to my problem.  I have a single home phone connect to my obi100.  Almost every time i make/receive a call, my cell phone will ring. It's almost like obi is calling my cell phone during it's current call.  If i don't answer the cell it will just keep ringing and go to my voice mail.  If i answer and hang up, it hangs up the original call.

Rick

Assuming you're using Google Voice, I suggest you examine carefully your setup on Google Voice.  Most of the time, your cell gets setup as a forwarding phone, i.e. it SHOULD ring simultaneously when you get an incoming call.  On an outgoing call, that's unusual.

Once you do that, if you can't figure it out then you need to provide a lot more info.  Is this a new setup?  Or a new problem on an old setup?  What's on SP1?  SP2?  Did you follow the setup tutorials EXACTLY?  Have you tried resetting to factory defaults and starting over?

morenone

I am using google voice on SP1.  The cell is setup as a forwarding phone in GV.  So, when someone calls me on the GV number, it rings my cell and my home phone (connected to obi on SP1).  This is a new problem on an old setup.  Basically, when someone calls my GV number and i pick up on SP1, i can talk for a while, the my cell phone randomly rings by itself.  If i pick up, it gets added to the call, but if i hang up the cell, it hangs up on all lines.  I followed the tutorial verbatim and have nothing customer.  I haven't tried resetting or starting over.

MikeHObi

Is it possible that you are somehow hitting the star key on your phone?  if configured to allow it in Google voice, that will cause GV to ring other phones setup on the number.  that is what it sounds like GV is doing.

https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115080?hl=en
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

morenone

I thought about that, but a lot of times it happens when i have the phone sitting on the table on speaker phone.  So, that basically rules that out.