News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Home Phone #

Started by n7xrd, July 04, 2013, 09:38:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n7xrd

Sorry if this has been talked about wasn't sure what to search...Can I set the OBi100 up with my home phone number and connect it at a remote location with only internet to receive my home calls
from that same phone number?

Shale

Yes. You will want to select a service provider that you can port your existing phone number to.

Here are some search terms to find plenty of posts:
SIP GV port  911

Clive

First of all, you will need a voip account or google voice to use your OBi in this way.

Secondly, if your home phone number is provided by your local Telco on a standard landline then there is a way to do this. Get a phone number you can point to your voip or google voice account and then forward the calls from your landline to it.

If your home phone number is already pointing to your OBi then just plug it in to the internet wherever you are and it should work.

If you can expand your information a bit further we can give you a more definitive answer.

n7xrd

:)  Thanks for the info guys I have a standard phone line now and I was going to use Google Voice....

martin595

If land-line number is very important that it is needed even on different location tour than It is good idea with setting of OBi100 with home phone number and connect it to remote location with internet and receive home calls.