News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

no Peer Number display in china xiamen

Started by weibinlin, June 27, 2013, 11:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weibinlin

no Peer Number display in china xiamen

i use a mobile call obi110 pstn line , no peer number display.

all setting is default .

reboot and ac disconnect reboot all are not useless.

HardwareVersion   3.4   
SoftwareVersion   1.3.0 (Build: 2774)

help . thank you !

ianobi

weibinlin - welcome to the forum.

Firstly, are you sure that your local telephone exchange is sending Caller ID? This can be tested using a telephone capable of displaying Caller ID plugged directly into your telephone line with no OBi involved.

If Caller ID is being sent, then which system is being used? North America and parts of China use FSK(Bell 202), which is the default for the OBi110. I think that Taiwan and parts of China use the DTMF system.

Try changing this setting to see which works:
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > Port Settings > CallerIDDetectMethod

Even though I live in the UK I have a Gempro GSM Gateway device connected to my Line Port. It is made in Taiwan, so I have to use this setting to get Caller ID to work:
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > Port Settings > CallerIDDetectMethod: DTMF(Finland,Sweden)

If you do find that DTMF works for you then you can set this delay to 0:
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > RingDelay: 0

The delay is required for the FSK(Bell 202) setting as it sends Caller ID between the first and second ring. If you think that you are using FSK(Bell 202) then you might try increasing the delay to see if that works:
Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > RingDelay: 6000

To make the changes select your Obi in Obi Dashboard, then Obi Expert Configuration, then Enter Obi Expert. In each case where you want to change a value, first uncheck both the boxes to the right of that value and leave them unchecked. When you have finished making changes on each page, press submit and wait a few minutes for the Obi to reboot.