News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 doesn't accept local landline calls

Started by Malachi123, June 29, 2013, 12:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi123

Ok, I know this sounds weird, but I have the following setup:

2 obi110 devices, both with a number and GV. Both work fine (now, after some issues, but were fixed with downgrading one's firmware), have the last official firmware version.

The issue is.. someone I know with a landline, living closeby calls both my numbers. One of my numbers is not local, the other one is. The one that's not local, it can connect to. The other one, which is local for him, he can NOT connect to. It says that the number doesn't exist or something..

Has anyone ever experienced this and knows what to do about it?
If you have any questions, please ask.. I really want to get this sorted out.
Thank you!

hwittenb

Can you call the number yourself from a cell phone or otherwise?  Can you call it from your other GoogleVoice number?

Can your friend call the number using the full number, 1+ if in the U.S. or Canada or do they require him to call it as a local number.

GoogleVoice gets their numbers from a CLEC.  Maybe your friends's phone comapny needs to update their routing tables.

Shale

Just to clarify, for each OBi110 you are only using GV. You are not using a landline hooked to the line port one of the units.

Malachi123

@hwittenb: Yes, calling from a cellphone to the number isn't a problem (since the downgrade to the right firmware version). Yes, I can call it from the other google voice number. Using the full number tells them that it's a local number (for some reason.. which I thought was strange), and that they have to try without the '1'.
Their phone company btw is embarq (or whatever it's called nowadays).. so I assume their tables are pretty up-to-date. (assuming though.. never sure!)

@Shale: Only GV on both (except for the additional 911 service on one of them). I'm not using a landline hooked to the line port of one of the units.

hwittenb

Quote from: Malachi123 on July 01, 2013, 06:55:19 AM
@hwittenb: Using the full number tells them that it's a local number (for some reason.. which I thought was strange), and that they have to try without the '1'.
Their phone company btw is embarq (or whatever it's called nowadays).. so I assume their tables are pretty up-to-date. (assuming though.. never sure!)

It sounds like it is a valid number and the local phone company's routing tables are not correct.  I would think the subscriber should complain to the trouble number of their local phone company.