News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

US GV to be used abroad?

Started by Awan, June 27, 2013, 09:49:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Awan

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere, but I was not able to find anything related to it in my search.

I have a GV account based in the US. I got my OBi100 today and love it! I was wondering if I could purchase another OBi 100 and activate it with a US based GV account, and send it abroad.. Does anyone know if this service will still work abroad and provide same free calls to the US? Are there any restrictions by GV that blocks calls based on international IP?

carl

If everything has been set up and phone number verified in the US you should be fine- at least in most countries.
In European countries it works without problems.

R7tt

Quote from: Awan on June 27, 2013, 09:49:06 AM
Does anyone know if this service will still work abroad and provide same free calls to the US? Are there any restrictions by GV that blocks calls based on international IP?

I have been using OBi that way overseas and encountered zero problem so far. Just make sure to open GV account while you are in the US. As long as GV account is created from US IP address, you are free to access your GV account from overseas with no problem.