News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

callback question

Started by heny, June 29, 2013, 10:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heny

I read the callback feature here: http://www.obihai.com/cbtutorial.html

In example 1, one thing I don't understand is "call your Obi". Say I am in Europe with my cell phone or in hotel, what does it mean to call my obi? I am sure it doesn't mean to call my gv number which on obi SP1, right?

thanks.

Shale

I would interpret that you could call your GV number or other SP.

QBZappy

It could callback as you have described it . You can configure the aa to callback on any SPX or trunk group that you prefer.

Edit:
Yeah, I assumed that the title of the post meant that you understood that callback meant that you hang up the on the call before it answers, and the unit will callback your cell. I think your question was more about which SP would the callback use.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

azrobert

There is a 2nd callback method where you hang up before the AA answers. See below from the OBi manual.

I never tried it from an international number, but I think would be something like:
{(<**1011>61298228687):aa($1)}

Obi Manual:
The OBi offers two methods for the AA to call you back at a number that you picked (or designated by the admin of the OBi device).
The first method is by statically configuring a trunk's InboundCallRoute. A rule can be added to the InboundCallRoute parameter to have the AA call back the caller's or any other number, if the caller hangs up before the AA answers. The rule should indicate that "aa(callback-number)" is the target destination of the call, where callback-number is the number that the AA should call back if the caller hangs up before the AA answers the call. For example, the following rule
{(<**1>(14089913313|12121559801)):aa($1)}
says that: if 14089913313 or 12121559801 calls, the call is routed to AA. If caller hangs up before the AA answers, AA calls the number represented by $1. Recall that $1 is expanded into the caller number after processing by the digit map on the left side of the colon. In this case it is the caller's number prepended by **1. The **1 is required for outbound call routing when AA calls back; here it indicates SP1 is to be used for calling back (assuming default value of the AA OutboundCallRoute parameter)
The parameter AA Service::CallbackAnswerDelay controls the number of milliseconds before AA answers when a callback number is specified as shown in the example. The default value is 10000 ms. Without the (callback-number) argument, the AA behaves the normal way and the answer delay is governed by the parameter AA Service::AnswerDelay.

heny

Quote from: QBZappy on June 29, 2013, 11:17:48 AM
It could callback as you have described it . You can configure the aa to callback on any SPX or trunk group that you prefer.

Edit:
Yeah, I assumed that the title of the post meant that you understood that callback meant that you hang up the on the call before it answers, and the unit will callback your cell. I think your question was more about which SP would the callback use.

Sorry that my question is not being clear.

QBZappy is right, my real question is how obi knows what to callback. say I am in UK and call my gv(which is SP1 in my obi), after ring once, I hangup. Then obi will call me back, it will use whatever rules I have setup in obi(US/CAN number using SP1, while international number will use vg3), right? (of course the number calling from has to be registered as trusted caller.)

now obi call my cell phone(US number) back on SP1 with aa and I try to call other US number, which also needs use SP1. will this result two simultaneous connections on SP1?