News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

is it possible to go to aa directly?

Started by heny, June 29, 2013, 10:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heny

I have obi100 to setup gv on SP1. I added my cell phone as trusted caller.

now when I call my gv from my cell phone, if there is answer after a while, I will be prompted by aa. most of time this is exactly what I need. However sometimes I just want to directly call into aa(without ring my gv), is that possible?

QBZappy

If you have setup the callback in the inbound call route, simply hang up before the Obi answers. The unit will call you back offering the aa.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

heny

Quote from: QBZappy on June 29, 2013, 11:12:16 AM
If you have setup the callback in the inbound call route, simply hang up before the Obi answers. The unit will call you back offering the aa.

QBZappy, yes that works. However it still ring the phone once... if I am out and there is family member at home, they will try to call me back.

azrobert provided another way in this post http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3940.0, which involved some set up but it does go to aa directly without ring the phone.

ipse

@heny: I have the same problem as you do...however, I call the AA from my (trusted) cellphone on landline (I have an OBI110).
If anyone has a suggestion how to send it straight to AA (my "other" old school phone NOT connected to OBI rings twice before AA answers) - it might just be that OBI needs to identify the CallerID.
Still...any solution to go to AA from PSTN would be appreciated...seeing how OBIon has been abandoned.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain