News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What's up with the new 1.3.0(2776) for OBI110?

Started by ipse, June 30, 2013, 12:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipse

The lack of info is worrying. Are we being abandoned in the forums?
I know communication has never been the strong point there, but we're hitting new lows.

No changelog, no info...even the upgrade link has been changed to "latest"...God knows what that might be at any point in time.
I for one I'd like to know what "latest" is ...and what has changed - for better or for worse.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain

Huib

My OBi TALK Dashboard doesn't even show there's a new firmware for my 100's & 110. They're still at 2774 but probably for the better because I read on the forum from someone who downgraded from 2776 to 2774 because of issues they were having and the downgrade resolved it.

RichardJB

Yes, it's strange.  My new OBi100 came with 1.3.0(2776), which can actually be downloaded from here:
http://www.obihai.com/firmware/OBi-1-3-0-2776.fw

But this new link to the "latest" FW, actually downloads 1.3.0(2774) which can be also be downloaded here:
http://www.obihai.com/firmware/OBi-1-3-0-2774.fw

When you download the "latest" FW, there no way to immediately tell what you have, since the file is just named OBi-latest.fw.    The only way to know is to examine the file with an editor or to compare its md5 hash with a known one. 

Anyway, I think this "latest file" thing is an extremely bad practice.  And why are new units being shipped with a later version of FW, which is not being offered as the "latest" on this support site?

ipse

I can only shake my head at the latest developments...if you noticed, gone are the posts related to downgrading the units and finding older versions.
It looks like someone couldn't be bothered to support more than one version of firmware ("latest" =2774) and cleaned house.
Mind blowing lack of communication...I had better luck with Tenda - and everyone knows they are a cheap Chinese mfg.

Ostracus

Quote from: ipse on July 03, 2013, 10:05:16 PM
I can only shake my head at the latest developments...if you noticed, gone are the posts related to downgrading the units and finding older versions.
It looks like someone couldn't be bothered to support more than one version of firmware ("latest" =2774) and cleaned house.
Mind blowing lack of communication...I had better luck with Tenda - and everyone knows they are a cheap Chinese mfg.

Not all. ;)

ipse

Should we consider we're done with the OBI100 and 110? It's been 8 months since the last f/w upgrade and I see very little activity.
Not that I'm in need of a major fix, but there are some annoying issues.