News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What's auto attendant?

Started by BostonFern, July 01, 2013, 01:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BostonFern

I know this is a very basic question.  I've read Obi Device Admin Guide about it, and I'm still not clear exactly how it works.   I hope Obihai can come out more intuitive and clear documentation on some basic features, preferably with graphs.   It seems that this admin guide is written for experienced people.

So the explanation I'm looking for is like this
- add a phone number to "Trusted Callers"
- when this number calls my google voice number.... will happen

Shale

When you list a phone, such as your cellphone, as a trust caller, when you call your GV number from your cell, and that comes into the OBi, the phone connected to the Obi will not ring immediately. If you then press 1, the attached phone will ring the same as if it were not a trusted caller.

If you instead press 2, OBi will ask for the PIN (personal ID number). After PIN entry, you can make phone calls out on the other line. These might be to places that would be expensive to call from your cellphone.

Pressing 3 gives the callback feature, which you might use, for example, if your cellphone has free incoming minutes.

BostonFern

This is a great answer.  Now I'm much more clear of what auto attendant does.  Thank you.