News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

forward call to cell/land in vietnam?

Started by bthome, June 29, 2013, 12:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bthome

I have been calling my wife in Vietnam through her obi110 connected at home for the past 2 weeks.  Is it possible to forward those calls to another land phone or even cell phone in Vietnam?  If so, can she also use that land/cell phone to call me back in the US through that obi110 somehow?

RFord

The answer is yes, if you have a Vietnam Landline connected to the Line port of the OBi110 or a Vietnam VOIP Provider configured on SP2 (or SP1 if GV is configured on SP2).  This way, calls out from OBi110 to Vietnam Landline or Cell doesn't attract an Internation long distance charge.

Please search the forum for the many capabilities of the OBi110 before generating threads like these.  These types of questions have been posted repeatedly on the forum and can be easily answered with the search feature.  I know you are going to ask how one go about setting something like this and the answer is search the forum.

azrobert

Do you call a GoogleVoice number to call your wife in Vietnam?
What is/are the format(s) of the phone number(S) you want to call in Vietnam?
Is the line port on the wife's OBi110 connected to a landline?
When the landline is called does the phone connected to the phone port on the OBi110 ring?
Does the OBi110 recognize the CallerID of inbound calls on the landline?

Go to Status -> Call History
If the OBi110 recognizes CallerID it will show next to PEER NUMBER.

What is the format of the CallerID?

If you answer the above questions I can help you setup the OBi110.

If the phone doesn't ring or the OBi doesn't recognize CallerID someone else will have to help you with that part.

I won't be able to help you until late tonight or tomorrow. If someone else wants to help the OP feel free.

azrobert

I had some time before leaving, so this is what needs to be done.

Replace your Voice Services -> SP1 Service ->  X_InboundCallRoute with following:
{(14805551212):aa},{ph}

14805551212  is the CallerID of the phone you're using to call wife.

Replace your Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> DigitMap:
If the numbers you are calling are 8 and 9 digits replace with this:
(xxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxx)

Replace your Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> InboundCallRoute:
{(12345678|123456789):aa},{ph}

12345678 and 123456789 are the CallerIDs of the phones calling the Vietnam landline.

That's it.

When you call the wife you will be connected to the Auto Attendant.
If you want to ring the OBi110 phone, press "1" to continue call.
If you want to make an outbound call on the line port, press "2" and then dial the number after the prompt.

When the wife calls the landline she will be connected to the AA.
She would press "1" to ring the local phone.
She would press "2" then **18005551212 after the prompt to make a call on GV.

bthome

Thank you both for taking the time to reply.  I'm somewhat techie illiterate, so please bear with me.  The obi110 in Vietnam is connected to the router only.  So what I'm getting is that it need to be connected to the landline in VN for call forwarding there?

I have ONLY use the Google voice number to call to her OBi in VN, and she can only call me back using that phone connected to that Obi110 in VN.  My objective is to forward those call to her cell when she's not at home and she also able to call me from her cell.
I will ask her to connect the landline to her obi to see what happens.

Azrobert: by "log into the Obi110", do you mean to log into google voice and check history on google voice?  I have an OBitalk account and I don't see the call history anywhere on there.  Your 2nd entry is just way out of my league.  I'll try search the forum and see if I can get a grip on what you're saying.

azrobert

The OBi110 Line Port must be connected to the landline.

Using the above configuration when you call the GV number it doesn't ring the OBi110 phone. You will be connected to the Auto Attendant. You would then choose to ring the OBi110 phone or make an outbound call on the landline. If you choose to make a new call you would then have to enter your wife's cell number.

I could set it up to automatically to ring the OBi110 phone and your wife's cell at the same time. The first phone to pick up will be connected to the caller. I would think you would want it to ring both phones automatically.

I assume your wife currently has a phone (home) connected to the landline. I don't know exactly how it will work when the wife calls the home number with the OBi110 connected. In North America the CallerId is received between the 1st and 2nd ring. If it works the same in Vietnam the OBi110 and home phone will ring once, then the Auto Attendant will pick up. She would then choose to ring home phone or make a new call. If she chooses to make a new call, she would then enter your number.

If I automated it the choices are to always ring the home phone and your phone, or just ring your phone.
If the wife currently never calls the home phone with her cell I think you would want it automated to call you, otherwise it should be setup with the Auto Attendant.

Post the options you want.

I don't use OBitalk, but I don't think you can check the call history from OBiTalk. To check the call history your wife would have to log on the OBi110 with a computer connected to the same router as the OBi110. She would need to know the IP address of the OBi110 and the login password. To get the IP address dial ***1 from the OBi110 phone. The IP address will be something like "192.168.1.100". To get the password login to OBiTalk. From the dashboard click on OBi110. The WEB Admin Password is what you need.

Open a Web Browser on the computer in Vietnam. Type in the OBi110 IP address and hit enter.
You will be prompted for the UserID and Password. The UserID is "admin" and the password is from OBiTalk.

On the left side of the page that is displayed click on STATUS then click on CALL HISTORY.
To get an entry in the Call History have someone call the landline. If it works correctly an entry will appear in the call history and the CallerID will be displayed next to Peer Number. If it doesn't work correctly, someone else will need to help you configure the OBi110 for Vietnam phone standards. You need this to work for your wife to call you from her cell.

Have your wife dial # on the OBi110 phone. She should hear dial tone. Then have her dial her cell number. This has to work for you to be able to call her cell.

team

Hello.
You said that :
""I could set it up to automatically to ring the OBi110 phone and your wife's cell at the same time. The first phone to pick up will be connected to the caller. I would think you would want it to ring both phones automatically."

how do I configure the Obi110 to make this happened ?

Thanks
Tcc

azrobert

Quote from: team on July 01, 2013, 12:23:54 AM
Hello.
You said that :
""I could set it up to automatically to ring the OBi110 phone and your wife's cell at the same time. The first phone to pick up will be connected to the caller. I would think you would want it to ring both phones automatically."

how do I configure the Obi110 to make this happened ?

Thanks
Tcc

Replace your Voice Services -> SP1 Service ->  X_InboundCallRoute with following:
{(14805551212):(ph,li(14801234567)},{ph}

When CallerID 14805551212 calls the GV number on SP1, the OBi will ring the Phone Port and call number 14801234567 on the Line Port at the same time.

azrobert

bthome,

Is your wife's cell a smartphone.

If the answer is yes there is a easy simple way to solve your problem.
She would install the OBiON App on her cell and then only 1 or 2 changes on the OBi110. This setup doesn't use the landline.

The problem with this setup is a lot of people find the OBiON App has poor quality audio.

There are other more complicated ways to use a smartphone.