News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

all house with one obi + security system

Started by bigwhy, July 04, 2013, 04:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigwhy

Hi all, I just discover the obi world, and I have 2 questions before pulling the trigger and buy the device:
I will be moving to a new house, can I use one obi device and use some type of swtich to have all the house phone connected accross the house with the same number?
Can I use my home security system with the obi phone? The security system required a "landline" to be connected with the security center. Can the obi system allow that if use with gv?
Thx you!

Rick

Yes.  Lots of posts on the forum.  Basically you disconnect the phone company's wire coming into the house and then plug the OBi's PHONE PORT into the walljack, which then powers the entire house.  Or, using a wireless phone base you can power it which then powers all of its handsets.

No.  Google Voice, and VoIP in general, does not reliably transmit the tones needed.  Most alarm companies will not agree to utilize VoIP lines for transmission of alarms.

You can get an internet-based transmission device (doesn't work when the internet is down) or a cell-based transmission device (costs more per month or you have to keep minutes filled).

bigwhy

Rick

martin595

The security system is well establish with help of obi. It also work as emergency services.

RFord

Quote from: martin595 on July 09, 2013, 10:26:24 PM
The security system is well establish with help of obi. It also work as emergency services.

Huh?  I have no idea what you are trying to say here.  Do you care to explain in plain and understandable English?