News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

status is offline but OBi works

Started by skipro, July 02, 2013, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipro

OBi 202
Status is offline on OBi Dashboard. All 4 SP services are GV and all work.

lk96

I presume that by OBI Dashboard you mean the Obitalk dashboard (and not the local web mgmt interface).

I don't have neither an explanation nor a solution. But I can confirm that I was seeing a lot of
inconsistencies between what the Obitalk interface will show and what the local web console will say.
And also I would see inconsistencies in the config I'd enter in the Obitalk console compared again
to what the device was running.
That, along with few other things, was the reason for switching to managing my Obis entirely through
the local web interface ... (oops may be I shouldn't badmouth obitalk as some of us know
some very knowledgeable person in here that probably got booted out of the forum for this reason ...)

L.

Clive

Quote from: lk96 on July 05, 2013, 12:16:13 PM
I don't have neither an explanation nor a solution. But I can confirm that I was seeing a lot of
inconsistencies between what the Obitalk interface will show and what the local web console will say.
And also I would see inconsistencies in the config I'd enter in the Obitalk console compared again
to what the device was running.
That, along with few other things, was the reason for switching to managing my Obis entirely through
the local web interface ... (oops may be I shouldn't badmouth obitalk as some of us know
some very knowledgeable person in here that probably got booted out of the forum for this reason ...)

L.

I don't think that pointing out that there are issues with the OBitalk interface is badmouthing. I would consider it as highlighting a problem that needs to be resolved.

I have never had bad service from OBi.

If somebody reports a problem with my service, it simply means I need to up my game.

Shale

I would expect that your router is blocking communication from your OBi to OBiTalk. I think that is port 10000.

You could test by connecting your OBi to your modem directly or by putting the OBi into the DMZ of your router.