News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Mysterious partial ring at 4AM

Started by Rick, July 07, 2013, 06:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

OBi 110 installed for 18 months.  GV on SP1 and SP2.  Nothing fancy setup.   No trusted callers, no calling OBi to OBi.  

Last night, and maybe a week or two ago, partial phone ring in middle of night.  OBi call history shows nothing since a call yesterday afternoon.  Phone "Missed Call" history shows nothing.  

I'm of the belief that since I only have GV this isn't a case of SIP scanners.  

Have no idea.

Shale

Could it have been a dream? I could imagine awaking from a dream at 4AM and think some sound that was part of a dream was actual.

Could it be that disabling unused SP ports (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0 method 0) is needed? I am not sure if the defaults make this unneeded or not.

Rick

No dream...

I have no unused services, using both SP1 and SP2 for GV as noted.

lk96

It happened to me months ago. And it happened also few times, also early morning hours.

In fact I was answering the call, there wasn't anyone calling, hang up, and few secs/minutes later
it will ring again. The only way to stop this pattern was literally to reboot the obi in the middle of the night.

It's been long time so I don't recall what was in the call history. I havent' experienced it though
for several months.

L.