News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiTalk username

Started by yuteqwu, July 06, 2013, 10:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yuteqwu

I signed up to OBiTalk dashboard via Google account which is a recommended method obitalk.com. Everything works fine on the web. Though, I can't log into OBiTalk applications, such as OBiON or  OBiAPP, because they don't seem to have integration with google accounts and require OBiTalk user name and password. Does this means I have to create a OBiTalk username as well. Can I then link it to the existing OBiTalk/Google Web account?

Shale

Quote from: yuteqwu on July 06, 2013, 10:43:06 AM
I signed up to OBiTalk dashboard via Google account which is a recommended method obitalk.com.

That doesn't sound right. If you still think that, what is the URL for that recomendation?

The OBiTalk login uses your email address as a username, but that email address doesn't have to be a Google email address. That would normally be the same way you log into this forum. The password should be unique to log into OBiTalk, and it should not be the same as you would use to log into Google itself. If you use the same password for both, it is not terrible, but it is a good habit to use different passwords for different services in general.

yuteqwu

If you sign out from OBitalk in a browser and go to http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/ you'd see a page divided by a vertical line. The right side has "No account yet? Create a new account". The left side  has "Sign in to OBiTALK Sign in with your Google account (Recommended)". I did the recommended one. Now, if I try to create an account on the right side, I get an error message saying the email address is already used  in an account. I can definitely use another email address but I guess I'd get two separate accounts: one associated with google and another is not.

Shale

OK... that is a pretty new thing, but I remember seeing that now that you point that out.