News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SMS notification

Started by carl, July 10, 2013, 08:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carl

We should be able to get SMS notification on the phone with first few words of the message displaying, upon checking the appropriate box in Device Configuration ( Ibi 202).  But it worked only once for me and then it stopped, on both GV accounts. Any idea what is going on ?

CoalMinerRetired

I've also noticed it only works sporadically for me in the most recent firmware releases.

And in an odd twist of the working/not working randomness, I notice for texts that do not come through but should have, and that are marked read, when I reboot the device, the text (did I mention marked as read) will come through, at about 15 seconds into the reboot cycle.

For the record the sporadically behavior I observe is not to be confused with the (presumably) 'by design' feature that only delivers the first SMS message in a thread of messages and replies, see here.

carl

Thanks.That's okay.. Another unreliable feature. Wonder whether they read this and implement a fix with the next update.