News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 Setup in India - BSNL - UTStarCom Modem

Started by noobee, July 07, 2013, 08:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noobee

Hi,

I am trying to use already setup (with CallCentric) Obi100 in India with BSNL DataOne Broadband.

I confirmed that Internet Service is ON, with directly connecting (wired) modem with the laptop.

Connected output from Modem to Obi100 - "Internet LED was blinking", could not see Obi100 online.
Connected Output from Internet/Phone splitter > D-Link 5 Port Switch > Obi100 Port,  Internet LED was still blinking.  Could not see Obi100 online.

As I understand "Internet LED Blinking" means - Obi cannot get IP address.

I am using UTStarCom modem provided by BSNL.  I am not sure how to change firewall settings for UTStarCom modem to enable inbound/outbound ports.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

giqcass

First I would make sure the OBi and the modem are set up for DHCP.

You should be able to log in to the modem at 192.168.1.1
Default user/pass
admin / admin
Long live our new ObiLords!

noobee

Quote from: giqcass on July 08, 2013, 04:23:04 PM
First I would make sure the OBi and the modem are set up for DHCP.

You should be able to log in to the modem at 192.168.1.1
Default user/pass
admin / admin

Thanks so much, how do I do that?

Another Question - Will this set up work?

Internet Source (from data/voice splitter) >  Modem > DLink 5-Port Switch > Port 1 > Laptop
                                                                                                     > Port 2 > Obi100 > DECT Phone

noobee

Okay, Here're the pics of the Modem/Router Settings:

Shale

You said
QuoteConnected output from Modem to Obi100 - "Internet LED was blinking", could not see Obi100 online.
Connected Output from Internet/Phone splitter > D-Link 5 Port Switch > Obi100 Port,  Internet LED was still blinking.  Could not see Obi100 online.

I think you are saying that the modem goes to a switch and not a router. Therefore you would want to choose the PPPoE/PPPoA choice rather than the Bridge Mode.

noobee

Quote from: Shale on July 11, 2013, 09:21:29 AM
You said
QuoteConnected output from Modem to Obi100 - "Internet LED was blinking", could not see Obi100 online.

I think you are saying that the modem goes to a switch and not a router. Therefore you would want to choose the PPPoE/PPPoA choice rather than the Bridge Mode.

But I guess if I choose PPPoE, it would ask me for User Name Password? I am not sure where I will get those?