News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 - Not receiving incoming calls from some phones

Started by jsuresh, July 09, 2013, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsuresh

I have been using Obi202 for few months now with Google Voice and it was working fine when I got it. Recently I haven't been able to get all incoming calls on on my Obi device. Calls from certain landline phones will not ring at all and goes to voicemail which is not the voicemail I have setup in my google voice account. I for sure know I was getting calls from some of these landline numbers before the recent firmware update but not able to get calls now from the very same numbers. I am not sure if it has anything to do with the recent firmware update but it has been a headache for me not getting calls. Outgoing calls are working fine.

I followed all the troubleshooting steps including deleting and adding google chat account but no good. Please let me know how to resolve this issue asap.

btw, contact support form on your website is broken.

Thanks and Appreciate your help.

Suresh

rockymtn

I had a similar problem. And realized that I had disable forwarding to Google Chat.

After a lot of trouble shooting what I found out is that to received calls via the Obi VOPI adapter, you need to enable Google Chat as a forwarding phone. You do this by logging into Google Voice and click on the gear icon (upper right) and then choose "Settings". Under the "Phone" tab, make sure "Google Chat" is checked.

RFord

Quote from: rockymtn on July 12, 2013, 09:57:05 PM
I had a similar problem. And realized that I had disable forwarding to Google Chat.

After a lot of trouble shooting what I found out is that to received calls via the Obi VOPI adapter, you need to enable Google Chat as a forwarding phone. You do this by logging into Google Voice and click on the gear icon (upper right) and then choose "Settings". Under the "Phone" tab, make sure "Google Chat" is checked.

Additionally, if for those calls that are not ringing through to your phone, make sure that if those numbers are associated with a specific contact on your GV Contact list, you can uncheck/check Google Chat, thereby preventing the incoming calls from those numbers/contacts from ringing your phone.

jsuresh

I tried all options, I even deleted google chat account and re-added. No luck...if it is a problem, it should be for all incoming calls, why would it pick n choose?

jsuresh

Quote from: RFord on July 13, 2013, 02:36:58 AM

Additionally, if for those calls that are not ringing through to your phone, make sure that if those numbers are associated with a specific contact on your GV Contact list, you can uncheck/check Google Chat, thereby preventing the incoming calls from those numbers/contacts from ringing your phone.

I tried that too..I deleted all my contacts from GV, still doesn't ring...

Rick

If you have one acct setup and it is GV, then when people call that number the only voicemail they can possibly get is GV. 

RFord

jsuresh:

Did you recently port port in a number to that GV account?  Sometimes, the porting process causes the number to be unreachable from certain Telco Providers.  For those calls that are going directly to voicemail, are they from a single provider such as AT&T?  In cases like these, the owners of these numbers have to contact their provider and complain about the issue and normally, they have to update their "routing" to get rid of the problem.  I don't think this issue has anything to do with a "firmware update", since some PSTN calls are coming through fine.

As for a Voice Mail that is other than GV, that can only be possible if you have another forwarding phone set up on your GV account with has its Voice Mail setup to answer in less than 25 seconds (~5 rings).

JasonInSF

Just FYI, I'm having the same problems as jsuresh.  Not all of my Google Voice incoming calls are going through.  I'm thinking that it could be my AT&T U-verse internet service provider having some problems because I'm also having connectivity problems with my U-verse TV wireless receivers.  I've also noticed that every time I log into my Obi202's home page, I always see a "Reboot Required" message at the top right of the home page. I reboot the device, and then later it will say "Config Current".  Then, as soon as I close the web browser and re-open my web browser to my Obi202's home page, the "Reboot Required" message at the top right of the home page appears again.  Any thoughts?

Shale

I suggest you read http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=92.0

Looking back at your prior post, I see that you returned your OBi202 and bought an Ooma.. I guess that did not work out for you.

Also see http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.php for info relevant to your symptoms.

jsuresh

Quote from: RFord on July 14, 2013, 06:32:05 AM
jsuresh:

Did you recently port port in a number to that GV account?  Sometimes, the porting process causes the number to be unreachable from certain Telco Providers.  For those calls that are going directly to voicemail, are they from a single provider such as AT&T?  In cases like these, the owners of these numbers have to contact their provider and complain about the issue and normally, they have to update their "routing" to get rid of the problem.  I don't think this issue has anything to do with a "firmware update", since some PSTN calls are coming through fine.

As for a Voice Mail that is other than GV, that can only be possible if you have another forwarding phone set up on your GV account with has its Voice Mail setup to answer in less than 25 seconds (~5 rings).

I ported my phone # from tmobile. At first I was getting calls from all numbers, now I don't get calls from the same numbers that I use to get. How could it be related to porting? Again, I got no other forwarding number in my account, just gmail chat forward. Too many issues to ignore the possibility of something messed up at Obi end...unless I am missing something.

anybody know how to contact Obi directly other than their broken contact us page?

RFord

Here is what I would suggest.  Get a free Callcentric DID and set it up on SP2 for instance.  Have those PSTN callers that are not getting through to call your Callcentric DID.  Let us know if the calls come through and ring the Phone attach to the OBi202.  If it does, then you know the problem is GV related.  I did ask if the rejected PSTN calls from from a specific provider and you provide no response.  I guess you have narrow the problem to the OBi and refuse to accept any other reasons why certain calls are not ringing through.

I have already explained the problem associated with porting a number.  You can accept the explanation as presented or seek additional inputs from others.  There is nothing germane to the OBi that would allow some PSTN calls, while rejecting others.

jsuresh

Quote from: RFord on July 14, 2013, 09:03:22 PM
Here is what I would suggest.  Get a free Callcentric DID and set it up on SP2 for instance.  Have those PSTN callers that are not getting through to call your Callcentric DID.  Let us know if the calls come through and ring the Phone attach to the OBi202.  If it does, then you know the problem is GV related.  I did ask if the rejected PSTN calls from from a specific provider and you provide no response.  I guess you have narrow the problem to the OBi and refuse to accept any other reasons why certain calls are not ringing through.

I have already explained the problem associated with porting a number.  You can accept the explanation as presented or seek additional inputs from others.  There is nothing germane to the OBi that would allow some PSTN calls, while rejecting others.

I actually have another GV number connected to SP2 and it works fine. May be because it is not a ported number. Rejected PSTN calls are not from a specific provider, they are from Ooma, Vonage, Verizon etc.,

Rick

Pretty clearly your issue is in GV.  You have something set there that doesn't allow the calls through.

RFord

Quote from: jsuresh on July 15, 2013, 04:07:17 AM

I actually have another GV number connected to SP2 and it works fine. May be because it is not a ported number. Rejected PSTN calls are not from a specific provider, they are from Ooma, Vonage, Verizon etc.,

I wouldn't classify from Ooma and Vonage as Land Line or PSTN.  These are VOIP providers, hence SIP-related calls.  If GV works on SP2, why is this a OBi issue?  Clearly the problem is related to the GV DID on SP1.  Have you made any changes to the default SP1 parameters?

jsuresh

Quote from: RFord on July 15, 2013, 06:33:17 AM
Quote from: jsuresh on July 15, 2013, 04:07:17 AM

I wouldn't classify from Ooma and Vonage as Land Line or PSTN.  These are VOIP providers, hence SIP-related calls.  If GV works on SP2, why is this a OBi issue?  Clearly the problem is related to the GV DID on SP1.  Have you made any changes to the default SP1 parameters?

I did not touch any SP1 settings. The confusing piece is the fact that they worked at some point and same numbers do not ring any more.

Rick

Go into Google Voice, ideally with two screens open, one for each number.  Check EVERY setting in EVERY screen.  Something is different.

jsuresh

Quote from: Rick on July 15, 2013, 11:10:51 AM
Go into Google Voice, ideally with two screens open, one for each number.  Check EVERY setting in EVERY screen.  Something is different.

I looked at every possible setting, no luck.

RFord

Copy and paste what your:

Voice Services  >>  SP1  >>  X_InboundCallRoute  >>

maybe we can spot something that might be causing an issue.

jsuresh

Quote from: RFord on July 15, 2013, 03:01:22 PM
Copy and paste what your:

Voice Services  >>  SP1  >>  X_InboundCallRoute  >>

maybe we can spot something that might be causing an issue.

It just has {ph1}

patman

I'm using GV and am having problems getting my phone to ring from some numbers also.  I've tried everything suggested in this thread with no luck.  I'm comfortable working with technology but getting information regarding a problem like this is nearly impossible. 

I'm about ready to dump this thing.