News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 - Not receiving incoming calls from some phones

Started by jsuresh, July 09, 2013, 08:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shale

Quote from: patman on July 24, 2013, 08:35:28 AM
I'm using GV and am having problems getting my phone to ring from some numbers also.  I've tried everything suggested in this thread with no luck.  I'm comfortable working with technology but getting information regarding a problem like this is nearly impossible. 

I'm about ready to dump this thing.
Try http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/voice/making-and-receiving-calls and check for similar symptoms. Maybe change your GV to transfer to a different phone temporarily as you do further testing.

Alternatively, consider a different VOIP provider to use with your OBi202.

MikeHObi

Quote from: patman on July 24, 2013, 08:35:28 AM
I'm using GV and am having problems getting my phone to ring from some numbers also.  I've tried everything suggested in this thread with no luck.  I'm comfortable working with technology but getting information regarding a problem like this is nearly impossible. 

I'm about ready to dump this thing.

I've yet to see anyone clearly trouble shoot this issue with their system.  very few people have such issues, and it sounds like the issue is with the provider, not the obi.  If you can work with someone that has this problem calling you and work with them you should be able to nail it down pretty well using the call status page of the Obi device and the googe voice page.  Either google is forwarding the call to chat, or it isn't.  If it isn't then that is a google or configuration of google problem.  If the Obi is seeing the call but not ringing it through, well that may be an Obi issue.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

VoIPFun

I have similar problem and reported by one of my friend who is using vonage.

#1. obi200
#2. A month back I  ported my number to google voice and using without any issues.

I have verified all these options mentioned here but no luck. I am able to see that in google voice call history and but never rings on my obihai(handset). it is intermittent for that particular caller.

I am using obihai more than a month, except this issue it is really cool.