News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100: Incoming calls go straight to voicemail. Help!

Started by duile, July 09, 2013, 05:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duile

Model: Obi100.

I ported my landline to Google Voice. Tested calls both ways on our house phones (Panasonic regular home phones) and it worked. Then, I made the mistake of puting Talkatone on my mom's smartphone so she could use the house phone number on it, not thinking about Obi's smartphone app. I noticed I couldn't get it to work so I deleted the Talkatone app off of my mom's iPhone. But now, my Obi is messed up. I am able to make outgoing calls still, but no incoming calls are ringing the house phones. All incoming calls are going straight to voicemail.

FIXES I TRIED:
1. Google Chat checked (even tried deleting and adding again) (source: http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/trs1-1.html).
2. Checked the options in this link: http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.php#My-OBi-Does-Not-Ring (i.e., "Forwards to: Google Chat", "No" for "Voicemail Access", etc.).
3. Deleted the device off of ObiTalk and tried to start from the beginning...several times. Didn't work.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: have tried looking at call history in Auto Attendant and the IP address - SP1 Service Status is Connected, outgoing call via GoogleVoice1, but can NOT receive calls in Gmail if Obi is disconnected (updated from another thread I read & posted at: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3092.msg39859).

Rick

duile

Quote from: Rick on July 10, 2013, 05:34:22 AM
Make a call from Google...
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am able to make a call from Gmail chat. Did you mean Google Voice, via an app or something? I tried that and making outgoing calls is not a problem. The problem is receiving any incoming calls. All incoming calls go straight to voicemail, without ringing any of the physical phones attached to the Obi. I don't know what else to do.  :(
Should I be looking at the expert config-Auto Attendant-IP address method to modify anything?

RFord

Copy and paste the "X_InboundCallRoute" information.  Is there a .....,{ph} at the end of the line?  Also, please post the model number of the OBi ATA in the future.

duile

Quote from: RFord on July 10, 2013, 08:56:32 AM
Copy and paste the "X_InboundCallRoute" information.  Is there a .....,{ph} at the end of the line?  Also, please post the model number of the OBi ATA in the future.
Under SP1 Service my X_InboundCallRoute only has "ph" (without the quotes) and OBiTALK Settings is checked.

Edit: I am using the Obi100.

azrobert

You can make a call with Chat, but can you receive a call with Chat?
After you receive a call make sure you sign off Chat.

Did you successfully delete Talkatone.
Try powering off your mother's iPhone before receiving a call.

duile

Thank you for the replies, guys!

@azrobert - Yes, can make a call with Chat; No, can not receive a call with Chat. I deleted Talkatone off of my mom's iPhone already.

-----------------
I think it's my Google Voice that is having the problem. I deleted the Obi device using ObiTalk, and then added it again using my brother's Google Voice account. With his phone number now attached to Obi, I was able to make and receive calls - it rings the phone attached to the Obi. But, once I went back to MY original Google Voice account, the one with the landline ported to it, the phone again can not receive any incoming calls, all going straight to voicemail. So, if it works with one Google Voice account, but not with the other, it's probably some kind of random error with Google Voice, right? I posted a question at the Google Voice forums, and it seems like many other people have the same problem I do. I just wish there was a more direct way to contact Google Voice help, so that they can straighten this out. If there are any other ideas, I'd appreciate it. Thanks so far, guys!

Edit: All of my incoming calls are still showing up in the Google Voice Inbox "call history". It's just not ringing the phone, and instead is going straight to voicemail.

azrobert

I'm connected to a GV account using Simon Telephonics. If you're not familiar with Simon it's a way to connect to a GV account using the SIP protocol.

I know an OBi will not receive calls with Simon connected. I just tried receiving a call with Chat and it also failed. I believe most apps that connect to GV will have the same behavior.

You problems started after Talkatone was installed and you are having symptoms as if Talkatone was still installed. I know this is a long shot, buy maybe Talkatone was hung up and did not totally delete. That is why I suggested powering off your mother's iPhone.

Edit:
Wait a few minutes after power off before calling GV.

duile

Quote from: azrobert on July 10, 2013, 03:27:52 PM
I'm connected to a GV account using Simon Telephonics. If you're not familiar with Simon it's a way to connect to a GV account using the SIP protocol.

I know an OBi will not receive calls with Simon connected. I just tried receiving a call with Chat and it also failed. I believe most apps that connect to GV will have the same behavior.

You problems started after Talkatone was installed and you are having symptoms as if Talkatone was still installed. I know this is a long shot, buy maybe Talkatone was hung up and did not totally delete. That is why I suggested powering off your mother's iPhone.

Edit:
Wait a few minutes after power off before calling GV.

Thank you for the detailed reply! I did power down the iPhone completely and the calls still didn't go through last night.

Update as of this morning (07-11-2013) - FIXED! - Apparently, Google had outages for several accounts affecting several states. I saw the news story on cnn.com, but I live in a state not listed in the news story. Still, as of this morning, a test call to the landline-ported-GoogleVoiceaccount-with-Obi worked! Incoming calls seem to be coming straight through to the phone, without going straight to voicemail any longer. So, if anyone else has problems like mine, it may be just your Google account having a temporary problem. Phew!

Thanks again to everyone who replied and gave suggestions! It was greatly appreciated!