News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using Google Voice and Nettalk on an OBI110

Started by JDKJAX, July 15, 2013, 03:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDKJAX

Hi there. This is probably really simple, but I can't seem to figure it out. I have connected my OBi110 to my Google Voice account just fine. I am trying to ALSO connect my Nettalk device into the system so that the same physical phone will ring in my house whether our Nettalk number is called or my Google Voice number is called.

I have my Nettalk device connected to my LINE port and my physical phone connected to the PHONE port on the OBI110, but only the GV number rings the phone. If the LINE port is a LINE OUT, I understand why my configuration doesn't work, but I bought the 110 because that's what everyone said I needed to do what I am trying to do.

Can you give me both any software and/or hardware connection instructions please?

dircom

With both the Obi and the Nettalk plugged into your router, (don't inter connect them for testing purposes)
 does each one work

Shale

If you pick up the phone and dial #, do you hear a new dial tone?

If you pick up the phone and dial **8 followed by a phone number, do you dial out successfully?

Did you set up the line port at
http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev/devices ?