News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

TipRingVoltage not recovering on OBi110

Started by AndyJ, July 19, 2013, 12:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyJ

This morning, I found that I was unable to hang up a phone call with my OBi110. That is, I'd put the phone back on-hook, but when I took it off-hook, it would still be on the call. I checked the PHONE and LINE Port Status in the GUI, and found that the TipRingVoltage of the Phone Port was not recovering to where it should be when the phone was put back on hook. For example, with the OnHookTipRingVoltage set to the default of 46, when I took the phone off hook, the TipRingVoltage would drop to about 6 V (which is expected), but when I put the phone back on hook, it would only return to about 39 V. This was causing the OBi110 to think that the phone was still off hook. I completely unplugged the phone from the OBi110, but even then the TipRingVoltage remained at 39 V. I thought maybe the power supply was going bad, so I tried with a different supply (known to be good), and still saw the same behavior.

I've worked around the problem temporarily by setting the OnHookTipRingVoltage to 30, since it does seem to be able to maintain any TipRingVoltage less than 40 V, but I'm guessing that the phone port is headed for complete failure sometime soon. It's long out of warranty, but I was just wondering if any others have seen this sort of failure.

RFord

Do you have a SINGLE phone attached to the phone port or are you backfeeding multiple phones from the Phone Port? Do you have anything attached to the Line port (PSTN Line or another VOIP Adapter)?

AndyJ

Single phone or multiple phones on the PHONE port shows the same behavior. As I mentioned, even when I completely unplug the phone from the PHONE port, the TipRingVoltage remains lower than it should (a max of about 39 volts, even when set higher). That is, if I take the phone off hook, then unplug it, the status still remains as off hook, even though nothing is plugged into the port. Also, whether or not anything is plugged into the LINE port also makes no difference.

Right after rebooting, VBAT shows as 57 V and TipRingVoltage as 45 V. After I take the phone off hook and back on hook the first time, VBAT shows as 39 V and TipRingVoltage as 36 V (and the OBi110 thinks the phone is still off hook), and they never return to the original levels.

It's been working fine for over a year now, and was working fine up until last night, so it looks like something is failing in the hardware...