News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SIP2 setup - **2 invalid

Started by aleck, April 09, 2011, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aleck

I've created an OBITALK account, upgraded to the latest firmware (1.2.1 (Build: 2103)) for Obi110 and set up SIP2 provider (sipgate). I can receive calls, but dialing **2 on the phone gives me "Invalid numbers" message.  Any suggestions?

It seemed that before upgrading to the latest firmware, I experimented with a different SIP2 provider and it worked.  But I can't tell for sure.

ckleea

Please check if your sipgate is properly registered.

aleck

Quote from: ckleea on April 09, 2011, 04:46:37 PM
Please check if your sipgate is properly registered.

It is not a matter of properly registering sipgate.  An improperly registered account would give "Service not available" message.  Obihai does not recognize **2 as a special sequence that invokes SIP2.

RonR

aleck,

If you post your PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute along with the DigitMap from the ITSP Profile where you cofigured Sipgate plus your PrimaryLine setting, may someone will spot the problem.

Also supply a sample of the number you're dialing following the **2.

aleck

I've tried to set SIP2 to Google Voice (a different accont from SIP1) as well to eliminate possible issues with sipgate, still the same error.  For that matter, I get the error dialing **1 with a working GV line.

Here are my settings.  These were set by ObiTALK dashboard.

PHONE DigiMap
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutboundCallRoute
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

ITSP DigiMap for Profile B
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

I get the error after dialing **2, there is no dial tone and I can't dial any number after that

RonR

Everything you listed would appear to be at defaults.

Are you dialing something like?:  **218005551212#

Are you sure the error message is coming from the OBi (is it a male voice)?

Are you using ITSPA with SP1 and ITSPB with SP2 (i.e. you changed X_ServProvProfile to B on SP2)?

Is ITSPA SignalingProtocol set to Google Voice?

Is ITSPB SignalingProtocol set to SIP?

Does SP1 Status say Connected?

Does SP2 Status say Registered?

Is Primary Line set to SP1 Service?

What does your Call History show?

aleck

I figured it out. I don't need to wait for dial tone after **2. If I just dial **21234567890 then the call goes through. 

The error does come from Obi, it is a male voice.  It says "The number you dialed,star star two is invalid".  That's what confused me.  I think the behavior may have changed after the upgrade, I used to get a dial tone after **2 and waiting.  But I may be wrong.

RonR

No, the OBi doesn't give a new dialtone after dialing **n.  The last update does add the capability to do just that, but it was never possible in the past and doesn't happen without changes to the PHONE Port DigitMap that must be made by hand.

RonR

If you'd like a new dialtone following the entry of **n, use the following PHONE Port DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]x?|911|**0|***|#|**1{t=di2}(Msp1)|**2{t=di2}(Msp2)|**8{t=di2}(Mli)|**9{t=di2}(Mpp)|(Mpli))