News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

2 gv#s, obi110, obi100: Can I get one e911 account attached to both obis?

Started by Bubba947, July 16, 2013, 02:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubba947

I have two Google Voice numbers. (Home and Work.) I have two Obis (obi110 and obi100). Both are used at the same physical location. I would like to enable one e911 account on both Obis.

Is that possible?

Would the Anveo "click to add" account work? I assume it would configure the first obi and then I would have to manually copy configuration info to the second .... assuming it would work at all. I can also imagine that Anveo would only talk to/listen to ONE obi per account.

Has anyone else successfully configured one e911 account on two obis each using their own Google Voice number?

I don't mind paying $1/month vs. $0.80 or thereabouts as much as I'd like a single account. Manual setup ok (so long as I know it's possible going in).

I opened a support ticket with Callcentric (no account there, just asking if it was possible). While seemingly very thorough, the response did not give me a Step 1, Step 2, .... Step X path to success.

Thanks.

Bubba947

Anveo confirms it is not possible to attach a single e911 account to two separate obis.

Shale

The easy way would be to use an OBi202 to handle both phone lines.

I am fairly confident that it is possible to have an OBi100s on the same LAN to route the call to 911 on the other OBi100. I am not the one to tell you how, and neither is Anveo or any other SIP provider. It seems there is more to go wrong that way. I can tell you that with the OBi202 it is trivial to have both GV lines use the same 911 account.