News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

only issue with my Obi110

Started by anis_ber, April 09, 2011, 01:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anis_ber

Hello
Thanks for having me
Im very happy with my Obi110 and your support
I can even use it overseas which is fantastic

my only issue which is little one but can be cumbersome is that whenever my router WRT160N (with DD-WRT) reboots, my Obi110 does not initialize or activate or whatever you call it, in the router setup I can see it with valid IP but the name is just "*", and btw I can not make or receive calls (using g.voice), so I have to reboot the Obi110, then I will see "Obi110" on my router and will be able to make/receive calls
Can you fix this issue? it's very annoying because rebooting router may happen and it's very unpractical to reboot the Obi110 at each time

Thanks

QBZappy

anis_ber,

Hi

I have seen other threads with people using DDWRT having issues. I'm not sure if you would consider flashing with Tomato firmware just to see if the problem goes away. If you do decide to come back to DDWRT, make a backup of the config so that you can just restore it into DDWRT. If you try this can you let us know the results.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

anis_ber

Hi QBZappy,

Thx for the quick answer, unfortunately I can not find a tomato firmware for my router WRT160N, moreover I prefer DD-WRT because it has some features that are not available in tomato
could you point out to the threads where people having problems with dd-wrt

Thx

QBZappy

anis_ber

Hi,

I understand your interest with remaining with DDWRT. I just want to let you know that it seems possible to install Tomato firmware on your router model. I found someone on this post confirming that he is running Tomato firmware on a Linksys WRT160N

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/r23838135-Tomato-WRT160N-ver3-compatible-with-Tomato

You will find a few hits referencing DDWRT in the Search if you type in "Router"
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

anis_ber

thx for the hint

I did not have to test tomato, I was able to fix the issue by assigning static IP to the Obi110 on my ddwrt router
now everything works fine
thx

QBZappy