News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to use two OBI110 as a Local Area Network Intercom

Started by glfruta, July 24, 2013, 03:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clive

Isn't there a simple way to do this using the number on the obi preceded with **9 or does that need the internet to work.

If not, then set up a speed dial on each phone to call the other.

hwittenb

Quote from: Clive on September 07, 2013, 06:26:10 AM
Isn't there a simple way to do this using the number on the obi preceded with **9 or does that need the internet to work.

If not, then set up a speed dial on each phone to call the other.

Using OBiTalk does require attachment to the internet.  It is a simmple solution if you have an internet connection.  OBi assumes everyone has an internet connection.

If you have no internet connection then Azrobert posted a technique to set it up:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6363.msg40322#msg40322

laurainforum

Hello, I just got tektalk and I have an OBi 100 - I had the same "dial 1" error once I got Tektalk to register

Here were the settings that I used that worked for me in OBIhai OBITALK (www.obitalk.com)

I used SP1 for Tektalk
Setup using "Generic Service provider"
Incoming and outgoing voip.teksavvy.com
No ports, no URI
the username and password are the ones emailed to you by tektalk in the confirmation email when you ordered.
check the primary line for outgoing box

Once you have inserted these values save, and reset the obi by turning the power off/on

wait a while.

GO back into OBItalk - it should show as green and be registered (not just connected)

I haven't had the registration problems others have had in these forums.

My OBI is connected directly to a bell router, using DSL

Once it was registered, and looking good I could receive incoming but not outgoing.    I had the same "do not dial 1" error as described above.

The fix for this is as set out above, go back to the dashboard and on the bottom left click on expert configuration.  click service providers, and ISTP A

Instead of C, I edited A. This is because I used SP1. Uncheck both boxes and delete the <1> in the digitmap and save. 
It should then look like 1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.
For me this worked right away without resetting the obi.