News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

HKBN 2B Obi110 or OBi100 settings

Started by baor, April 09, 2011, 05:50:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yhfung

I have tried many times and still failed to do so.

I do not know wheather other forum user is able to register the HKBN 2b server without any problem encountered.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

baor

Quote from: yhfung on April 15, 2011, 08:00:00 AM
I have tried many times and still failed to do so.

I do not know wheather other forum user is able to register the HKBN 2b server without any problem encountered.

YH

Did you follow my settings?

yhfung

I have tried again on my OBi110 in SZ and am not able make OBI110 register the HKBN 2b server. However when I switched to my PAP2T, the registration works very well.

Also I have tried another OBi110 in Hong Kong, the result is the same and still not able to make HK OBi110 register.

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com

baor

Quote from: yhfung on April 22, 2011, 04:11:28 AM
I have tried again on my OBi110 in SZ and am not able make OBI110 register the HKBN 2b server. However when I switched to my PAP2T, the registration works very well.

Also I have tried another OBi110 in Hong Kong, the result is the same and still not able to make HK OBi110 register.

YH

Did you reset at http://pa.2b.com.hk/login.jsp   ???

Did you try different servers, s21.hkbntel.net/s22.hkbntel.net ??

yhfung

I have followed your suggestions but still failed to make OBi110 register the HKBN 2b server.

I do not know whether other OBi110 users are able to get the registration. No matter the answer is yes or no, just let me know, thanks.

Regards,

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com

obi-support2

If you're trying to use HKBN with the OBi, you may be interested to know that the latest f/w 1.2.1(2286) has some enhancement that should make it work better with HKBN.

On OBi web configuration page, set the new parameter X_ProxyRequire (under ITSP Profile A/B - SIP) to this value: com.nortelnetworks.firewall

You should also disable STUN and ICE when setting up this way.

NOTE: This parameter is not available in the OBITALK Expert Configuration yet. You must use the OBi's own web configuration page to make this change.
OBIHAI Support Staff

obi-support2

Quote from: baor on April 11, 2011, 05:57:42 PM
We finally made some progress after OBIHAI Support suggested to turn off X_InsertRemotePartyID.
I could receive call and dial out. However I got cut off every 10 mins.
Does it have to do with X_KeepAliveExpires or RegistrationPeriod?

baor,

We have some idea why the call might be dropped by the server after 10 min or so.
If you still experience this call drop problem after 10 min, we can patch the
f/w on your unit so you can try out a fix we put in to deal with this issue.
Just send us an email at support@obihai.com w/ your unit's OBI number.

Thank you.

OBIHAI Support Staff

yhfung

The full installation method for HKBN 2b on OBi device can be found in the following link:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=886.0

YH
www.telecom-cafe.com

baor

Quote from: obi-support2 on May 14, 2011, 08:54:58 PM
If you're trying to use HKBN with the OBi, you may be interested to know that the latest f/w 1.2.1(2286) has some enhancement that should make it work better with HKBN.

On OBi web configuration page, set the new parameter X_ProxyRequire (under ITSP Profile A/B - SIP) to this value: com.nortelnetworks.firewall

You should also disable STUN and ICE when setting up this way.

NOTE: This parameter is not available in the OBITALK Expert Configuration yet. You must use the OBi's own web configuration page to make this change.

I have updated the firmware, it broke my service...
RX is not receiving any packet.
TX kept sending...

Update:
The web portal does not work with HKBN but it works when I configured it using the local login.

outie

I wonder if someone can help, I've been using the Obitalk 110 with HKBN 2b fine for a long time. It was still working fine last month or so. However it seems like something happened and it stopped working. I just noticed this when mom told me she hasn't been able to make calls. I am getting this in the line status:

Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=203.80.89.135:5060; retry in 195s)

I have always been using s21.hkbntel.net. I have done the reset on pa.2b.com.hk as usual with no avail. I tried switching to s22, s23, but it just says "moved permanently" etc., which means they aren't the right servers for me.

Just to make sure my account is working, I downloaded the softphone and it logged in without issue. I was also able to make calls.

Is anyone else having issue with 2b and obi? Please help. Thanks!