News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

There is no service available

Started by JeffDavis503, December 23, 2012, 01:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffDavis503

I am getting this message several times a day since I have installed my Obi 110 and configured it to work with Google Voice.  If I power cycle (unplug power) it starts working again.  I can also reboot the system with ***9 and it starts working.    I get a device not online message trying to configure it with ObitTalk.com in expert mode.  When trying to browse to the IP I get from ***1  it does not connect.  Doing the system tests **9 222 222 222  or **9 333 333 333 both fail.   I have set the system to 100mb instead of 10mb but it doesn't seem to make any difference.  

This seems to be more of a network connection issue with the device and a simple reboot or power cycle fixes it but I don't know what cause it to get in this state and what to do about not happening.  I have several devices on our network (computers, printer, storage device, routers, etc ) and none of this have issues staying connected.

Although I don't think it matters the Google Voice status on SP1  says Connected in ObiTalk.

JeffDavis503

This has been read 150 times but no reply?   Is this really just unique to me?  Anyone else getting the No Service Available message and have to reboot (***9) their Obi to get it to reconnect to GV?

lk96

The fact that you can't connect/browse the obi at the IP address you obtain through ***1
is kind of a clue.

Do you configure your Obi through DHCP? or you enter a static IP address?

Also, in addition to rebooting the Obi to clean up the problem, did you try to reboot
all your networking gear in the house (or at least your router) ?

Once you get in a state where the Obi it not responding, did you try to ping that same
IP address to see if some other device is responding.

So, one theory/possibility could be that for some reason two devices end up with same IP address
and sooner or later, you experience connectivity problems to one or both of them.

L.

darinf

I think your problem is the same as mine and others:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4985.0
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5069.0

Like I said before. I have tried everything support has told me to do but nothing has changed. Mine still disconnects on it's own all the time.

Support will no longer respond to me.

CheapPhone

Quote from: JeffDavis503 on December 23, 2012, 01:09:40 PM
I am getting this message several times a day since I have installed my Obi 110 and configured it to work with Google Voice.  If I power cycle (unplug power) it starts working again.  I can also reboot the system with ***9 and it starts working.    I get a device not online message trying to configure it with ObitTalk.com in expert mode.  When trying to browse to the IP I get from ***1  it does not connect.  Doing the system tests **9 222 222 222  or **9 333 333 333 both fail.   I have set the system to 100mb instead of 10mb but it doesn't seem to make any difference.  

This seems to be more of a network connection issue with the device and a simple reboot or power cycle fixes it but I don't know what cause it to get in this state and what to do about not happening.  I have several devices on our network (computers, printer, storage device, routers, etc ) and none of this have issues staying connected.

Although I don't think it matters the Google Voice status on SP1  says Connected in ObiTalk.

Hi JeffDavis

I have same problem as you, on an Obi202 device.

Have sent note to tech support and posted a few posts here. Also sent private message to the person posting about the new fix for Google Voice alerts on Voicemail in the firmware thread section.

Other than that, I have exactly the same situation as you describe.

Any others with same issues?

I am using my mobile smartphone as a Mobile hotspot on Verizon 4G LTE (Stratosphere II by Samsung).

I did not see the wireless drops on my other connection (my laptop using same hotspot all day to connect, through a VPN, to my company's secured network - if connection would have dropped, it would show reconnecting).

This indeed happened after the Google changes to Voice and the change to the reading of Voicemail and now lack of notices of such new messages are available in voicemail (shuttered tone etc). Used to be fine before.

Something may not fit anymore, even with the "fix" of firmware (mine is 3.0.1 for the Obi202).

I suggested ObiHai team to allow a reconnect option periodically that can be set by users (say every xx minutes) either to the network or to the Google Voice account.

I am looking to see if others have such or just us. Also sent a note to Tech Support, they suggested to change the DNS entries in the device manually, but I do not think this is a DNS issue.

Thanks!

Cheap

MRTT

+1 to lk96

I had some issues with my obi110 going into a non-responsive state, coincidentally, when callcentric was having some problems with a DDOS.  That makes me suspect that the obi cannot handle certain kinds of traffic gracefully. 

I dunno how frequently your obi110 goes into it's non-working stating state, but I say temp turn off voice services | sp1 service (& sp2 service if applicable) and see how that runs for a while.  An alternate idea: reset it to factory and don't reset any services on it.  Just a static IP.  See if remains reachable (aka you can browse to it or PING it.)

When you say " I have set the system to 100mb..."  Do you mean that you have specified the OBI110 to use 100MB/Full duplex, or something else?

--
MRTT

RonY

I just found a work-around.   I have 2 google voice accounts, set up as SP1 and SP2.  I just swapped them using OBiTalk and saved new configuration.  Both lines now show solid green and can make & receive calls.!

Did I just get lucky or will this work for other people too?