News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi100 had been working properly

Started by angelice1987, July 20, 2013, 01:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelice1987

well my obi100 had been working properly until about a week ago. Then it just stopped recieving calls, and when i checked the site it said "service not configured". So i went in and checked the google voice email and password to make sure that it was still correct however it doesnt seem to be the problem just hoping for some help to fix this unsure what to do.

angelice1987

I have also removed and readded the device changed out the ethernet cord, restarted the router, restarted the obi ... none of this is helping any advice would be greatly appreciated

Shale

I think you are implying that you can make calls.

Does your OBi show green online status on your OBi Dashboard?

Have you made changes in your router? Have you tried rebooting your router?

I would go thru the http://www.obihai.com/FAQ.php items for GV and troubleshooting.

angelice1987

no no calls could be made or recieved ... and i had done all those things reset router ... no changes were made to the router unless my isp did something from there end and i just wasnt aware ... ... however when i readded the device and resetup google voice it did finally start working hopefully for good ... not quite sure why it went down or what not but its up so guess just be happy about it and hope it doesnt go down again

wyan7

Hi Angelice19887:
I have the same problems you had for about 3 weeks. Can you please tell me in more details how you re-added the device( I think is the Obi 100) and re-setup Google Voice? Do you get a new Google number and start from the very beginning of setting up you Obi 100.
I will appreciate you assistance.

W Yan

Clive

I had a similar problem using a voip service where I couldn't make or receive calls through the obi. went through the obitalk portal, rebooted, changed the settings, changed them back again, deleted the device and added it back in but still it just wouldn't work.

Logging into the obi device itself, I eventually noticed that the firmware was at version 2776 yet all my others were on 2774.

I deleted the obi again, reset it to factory, logged into it again but it was still on 2776 so I set up the unit to a voip service, added it back into obitalk, made some more random changes and it eventually started working again.

I'm now in a position where I can't let it go out into service in case it is actually faulty but I actually suspect that the firmware update was responsible for the malfunction.