News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110 - No dial-tone

Started by jpinforum, July 27, 2013, 08:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpinforum

Folks,

This is my 4th Obi110 that has stopped working in past year and half. Apparently the device just stops working, that is can't receive or make a call. All the lights are green, and when I try to call my number, the phone green light flickers, as if the call is making to the device but can't get to my phone. I can understand one device could go bad, or even two (which would indicate something wrong with either power or something), but four dying exactly the same way seems very suspicious to me.

I did receive a replacement phone one time, but had to purchase otherwise. Can anyone provide any insight into what could be going on? I'd really appreciate your thoughts. 

giqcass

My only thought is some type of faulty wiring or surges.  A surge suppressor with phone port might help. 
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/everyday-tech/surge-protector7.htm
Long live our new ObiLords!

10acimport

I work in homes everyday where the hot and neutral are crossed. You wont know it because stuff will still work .Until a surge or dropoff happens. A $12 plug in tester from any home store will tell you if your wires are crossed. A surge or UPS backup is a good idea also. :)