News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Use of Callcentric (free account) for SIP calling only

Started by neftv, April 10, 2011, 05:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neftv

Hi
I was wondering what would be an appropriate digitmap for Callcentric when using Callcentric as a Gateway (7 in my case). For now I simply put (<*>[x*][x*].|*[x*][x*].) which is Identical to SipBroker just to test out the speed dial of *75xx that Callcentric has.  I have speed dial of *7502 which is *275*011188888 to call SIPBroker test line and that works.   So that when I do a **77502 it will dial the *7502 correctly to Callcentric but  do I need anything else in the digitmap? I don't think I always will want to use a Callcentric speed dial numbers. I only plan to use their free account.
Reason for this request is  I have SIPBroker as Gateway 6 and when I dial the test number I get no return audio and I believe the reason for that is that my main VOIP provider on SiP1 does not allow call to/from Sipbroker.  My other Gateways seem to work fine to this moment. 
Thanks.

RonR

The Sip Broker DigitMap (<*>[x*][x*].|*[x*][x*].) expects or forces a leading '*'.  That's because Sip Broker always expects the first thing it receives to be *sipcode.  I don't think that's going to work well with Callcentric unless everything you intend to dial there wants a leading '*'.

If you simply want to be able to send arbitrary dialing to Callcentric with no checking or enforcement, I would suggest:

([x*][x*].)

This says to accept one or more digits/asterisks and send it unmodified.