December 16, 2017, 02:58:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Product: OBiLINE FXO to USB Phone Line Adapter  (Read 318309 times)
dircom

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2014, 12:08:53 pm »

The OBi110 has 1-phone port and 1-line port. It supports SIP & OBiTALK VoIP services. Use the OBi110 when you need an analog line connection to a traditional telephone network or service. The OBi110 LINE port is a gateway to a traditional phone service.
If you do not have a traditional phone service at home, then the OBi100 or OBi202 is the right product to get.
BigJim_McD

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 03:08:22 pm »

Only the OBi110 has a built in FXO Port that allows direct connection to a POTs (Land-line) telephone line.

BigJimMcD
giqcass
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2014, 12:30:40 pm »

btw,,… does this product provide a third line to the obi202, which works via usb port?
No this cannot be used for a third line.  With a firmware update that might eventually become possible.

If that’s the purpose, for a third additional line,….  I had rather buy another obi110 and had bridged with obi202, and by that way also, I can have three lines.
If you want to connect multiple Obi devices I Would NOT do it through an FXO port.  Better quality connections can be achieved by connecting Obi devices to each other virtually through the Obi portal or the local web interface. 

And, on ebay you can buy obi110 also the new one at the same price almost shipped to your house.
So,.. what is the need of this piece, that I am missing?   Someone,  pray explain.

If you catch the Obi110 at a good price it may be better to buy that instead of the Obiline assuming you don't mind plugging in and maintaining two separate Obi devices.  For many people that want to add an FXO port to their existing Obi2xx series device the Obiline may be a better option however.   For instance you can keep your 2 line OBI202 and add the ability to inteface with a traditional POTs system without and additional machine.

Register at e164.org and friends can use Sipbroker to call you from a regular telephone for free from almost any country.
DDNS hack for OBi
Old OBi? Want Ring.to?
Felix

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2014, 02:56:45 pm »

Such a port is popular for people ...
Popular is a gross overstatement. I'd settle for may be useful.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: