News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 new firmware?

Started by YongChen, August 01, 2013, 08:58:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvBilly

Happened to ***6 today, and discovered there was a firmware update for my Obi200. Told the Obi to update, which it did with no problems, to version 3.0.1 (Build 4109). Everything seems to be working 100%, and logging into the Obi does NOT show that I need a further reboot.

This is the first time since the Obi202 firmware update was released that I've seen it available for the Obi200.

Oh, and my ethernet (not WiFi) connected Obi200 is setup to get its IP address via DHCP (and my upstream router is set to give the Obi200's MAC address the same IP every time). Though aware of the possibility that this might prove to be a problem with this firmware update (from my reading in this thread), and that I might have to change the Obi200 to use static IP addressing, this turned out to not be necessary, and everything seems to be just fine with the Obi200 remaining set to use DHCP to get its IP address. FWIW

meerkat

Quote from: tvBilly on September 22, 2013, 10:31:46 AM
(from my reading in this thread), and that I might have to change the Obi200 to use static IP addressing, this turned out to not be necessary, and everything seems to be just fine with the Obi200 remaining set to use DHCP to get its IP address. FWIW

You just read it wrongly, the thread says you have to use DHCP not static IP

tvBilly

Just got another update to my OBi200. Took it to 3.0.1 (Build 4142).

Anyone know the changes from Build 4109?