News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Sip provider options for porting

Started by rickame, September 13, 2013, 08:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickame

Any advice on porting landline to Sip providers, like you can do with Callcentric. I can't do to Google Voice because they don't serve my local area number. I am ok paying the fee to Callcentric (for occasional incoming, but will mostly use GV for in and out), but wonder if there are other options, and if all will charge you for e911 even if you have Anveo set up on Obi100 with GV. Simply, are there other Sip services like Callcentric that can be 'easily' configured with Obi100. Suggestions and Guidance appreciated. Rick

Shale

I answered one of your other related questions on your other post.

You could port your old number to Anveo, or VOIP.ms just as you can port to Callcentric. Do I remember correctly that you have an OBi100? If so, you only have SP1 and SP2. If one is Google Voice, the other will be the SIP provider that you port your number to. You would need a third SP if you wanted to have 911 service with a third supplier.

Even if you have the OBi202 or OBi200 which have 4 SPs, it seems simplest to just have your 911 service with the same VOIP provider that you port your number to.