News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't get obitalk to configure GV

Started by barnum, August 02, 2013, 11:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

barnum

Hi,
I apologize if I'm missing something obvious, but I've been through all the documentation I could find and I can't figure out why obitalk keeps telling me:
QuoteSP1   Google Voice™ Account   Service Not Configured
I've created a Google Voice account and received a new number, I've configured SP1 with the proper login and password info, Obitalk tells me
QuoteConfiguration has been updated successfully.
...but I still get "service not configured."

Any ideas?
Thanks!

Shale

barnum

Thanks. I appreciate this.
I went through the "Setting Up Google Voice on the OBi" and discovered that I hadn't yet created a Google Voice pin number (nor turned off call screening). Having done those, Obitalk is still reporting "service not configured."

barnum

A couple more details:
There are two 202s currently plugged in. I've tried to configure both of them with the same GV account. The master status is reported as "Google Voice™ Account   Service Not Configured," while, for some reason, the other 202 reports "SP1 Google Voice™ Account"

Shale

Quote from: barnum on August 02, 2013, 12:39:41 PM
A couple more details:
There are two 202s currently plugged in. I've tried to configure both of them with the same GV account. The master status is reported as "Google Voice™ Account   Service Not Configured," while, for some reason, the other 202 reports "SP1 Google Voice™ Account"

That is definitely not the easy way. Since I like the easy way, I suggest getting a second GV account that you use just for one of the OBis.

I don't know the hard way. I have some clue, but I don't see an advantage.

barnum

Thanks, I'm beginning to see that.
In any case, at this point - while we're diagnosing the problem - only the master device is actually configured to GV anyway. The secondary device is currently not configured at all (and Obitalk is still reporting GV "Service Not Configured").

Shale

I found the "hard way" thread: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6350.0

QuoteIn any case, at this point - while we're diagnosing the problem - only the master device is actually configured to GV anyway. The secondary device is currently not configured at all (and Obitalk is still reporting GV "Service Not Configured").

On OBiTalk you should have two OBi devices listed under "My OBi Endpoints". One of the devices should show not configured for each SP initially, but the other one should show "Connected" for the SP (maybe SP1) you are trying to set up for GV.

So at this point, concentrate on the one you are trying to set up for GV first. Pull the plug on the other one to avoid any confusion or interaction. After that one works, get the other one working using the *new* GV account.

barnam

It turns out that the problem was far simpler (not to mention embarrassing): I am actually 500 miles away from the office where these Obis are sitting, and I finally figured I should confirm that the devices configured on the dashboard were the ones actually plugged in at the office. Turns out that they weren't...which would certainly explain why GV wouldn't configure!
Thanks for the help,
David