News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

use X_InboundCallRoute to identify DID (or OCN), route and distinctive ring

Started by squalk, August 06, 2013, 02:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

squalk

X_InboundCallRoute seems to be for CallerID  (number of calling party).  I would like a similar feature to identify number called or DID.  I do not use googlevoice.

_scenario:   quantity of DID < SPx

Use distinctive ring per SPx

_scenario:   quantity of DID > SPx

?

Prefer needing only one obi device.  I have one Obi110 but I could buy another.  To tempt me into buying an obi202 is this possible a different way?

I have DIDs from anveo.com and voip.ms but the solution should be ITSP-agnostic and also not require LAN PBX.

Shale

Not universal, but for Anveo, http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,28419533 will give you some ideas. E164 is a pre-loaded variable with the CID value, but it could be modified with the VARIABLE flow control.

CALLER.LOOKUP.CNAM is the variable that you could read and then maybe  write to that will go out as the name off the caller.

I don't think you can do this with OBi. Normally the OBi will use a different ring pattern (which you can change) to identify which SP is coming in, and Status>Call History on the OBi local web server will show which SP a call came in on for later use.

squalk

Quote from: Shale on August 06, 2013, 02:21:29 PM
[anveo] E164 is a pre-loaded variable with the CID value

CALLER.LOOKUP.CNAM

Those are nice to know for future use

QuoteI don't think you can do this with OBi.
.. Status>Call History on the OBi local web server will show which SP a call came in on for later use

OCN is passed by many voip providers.  I would think the advanced obi would be able to grasp it, too

Original Called Number

giqcass

I set my inbound call map to pre pend a number so i know which route the call took. If I see 011 in front of the number I know the cell connected to my obi rang my phone.  This can also be done with any service provider.  Outbound call routes can be set up so a returned calls takes the same path back.  Read up on ring profiles.  I use them to differentiate lines.  Its similar to distinctive rings.

This is a good thread.
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5732.0
Long live our new ObiLords!