News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Talk quit working this morning

Started by stevenospam, July 31, 2014, 11:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenospam

I have an OBI200.  SP1 Google Voice, SP2 OBI Phonepower. I use the Google Voice webpage to initiate calls.  When I try to place a call, the interface allows me to connect via Google Talk, with my cell phone or with Hangouts.  All of the options except Google Talk work.  If I select Google Talk, which used to connect to my cordless phone that is connected to the OBI200, I get Invalid Number.  Help!

gderf

This has been reported in an other thread. So far no solution is known.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Taoman

Quote from: stevenospam on July 31, 2014, 11:34:19 AM
I have an OBI200.  SP1 Google Voice, SP2 OBI Phonepower. I use the Google Voice webpage to initiate calls.  When I try to place a call, the interface allows me to connect via Google Talk, with my cell phone or with Hangouts.  All of the options except Google Talk work.  If I select Google Talk, which used to connect to my cordless phone that is connected to the OBI200, I get Invalid Number.  Help!

You've got Phonepower already configured. Why not just select Phonepower instead of Google Talk and have SP2 ring your Obi connected cordless phone?

stevenospam

I not sure what you mean by "select Phonepower".  I use the Google Voice web interface because that's where all my contacts are and I like having the history.  I would be glad to have Google Voice connect to SP2-Phonepower but I don't see a way to configure that as a Connect option in Google Voice.

gderf

Sounds like your Phonepower is outgoing only and you don't have an incoming number with them?
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Taoman

Quote from: stevenospam on July 31, 2014, 12:28:23 PM
I not sure what you mean by "select Phonepower". 

I mean after adding your Phonepower phone number to your Google Voice account as one of your forwarding numbers, instead of selecting Google Chat as your callback number you would select PhonePower as your callback number.

Exactly what kind of PhonePower subscription do you have? Does it include outgoing/incoming minutes? Is it one of the "Obi" plans only available on the Obihai web portal?

stevenospam

Brilliant Taoman!  That works like a charm.