News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to route calls to Answering machine only and not Google voice mail

Started by Kiran, August 11, 2013, 12:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiran

Hello,
I have noticed that for the incoming calls, after certain time of ringing, it goes to Google voice mail (GVM). I have an answering machine and I wan't to use that always instead of the GVM.
I looked up for the settings in google voice account and there is no option to disable GVM. I read somewhere that after 25 secs of ringing the GVM is activated which means my home answering m/c won't get that message.
I can set up my home phone to go to ans m/c before the 25 secs of ringing, but it is too soon and the amount of time of ringing phone is not always accurate.. there will be delays in actual phone ringing to what we hear as ringing while calling....
Pls suggest a way.. I just want all the incoming calls to ring for, say, 1 or 2 min so that my home phone answering m/c can be always used instead of GVM....
Thank you alot

Shale

GV will not do what you want.

A VOIP provider will let you do what you want for your home at a reasonable price -- under $3 per month and probably less.