News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OutboundCallRoute for 911 Calls to PSAP using 10 digit Emergency Number, OBi 202

Started by KevKan, August 16, 2013, 02:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevKan

I have two lines for different GV accounts with neither line being designated as primary.   They are  totally independent of each other.  My concern is with having replaced part of the default OutboundCallRoute string {(<##):>:li} with what is shown in bold below.  Question is, while the strings I have inserted work, is this the proper syntax or am I fouling up something else?  Since I didn't think this device had a land line port, like a 110, I could not see how the "li" parameter was applicable so I substituted the sp1 & sp2.  Is there a better way to accomplish this?

DigitMap - Phone Ports 1 & 2
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

OutboundCallRoute - Phone 1 Port
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<911:316xxxxxxx>):sp1},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

OutboundCallRoute - Phone 2 Port
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<911:316xxxxxxx>):sp2},{(<#:>):ph1},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

drgeoff

An alternative is to replace the |911| in the DigitMap of phone ports 1 and 2 with |<911:**1316xxxxxxx>| and |<911:**2316xxxxxxx>| respectively.  Which is better?  I don't know.

You are correct that the OBi202 has no LINE port so why do you have those **70 entries?

And if you don't have PrimaryLines assigned you can declutter your strings by removing the entries with pli and Mpli.

KevKan

drgeoff

Thanks for the suggestion. 

In Expert Configuration, Product Information, under Physical Interfaces, there is a LINE port, with many parameters, that you can configure.  There isn't an extra jack on the device so I am wondering if either PHONE PORT can somehow be configured as a LINE port.  Maybe someone who is knowledgeable about the OBi 202 will respond.

ianobi

I think that Shale is correct. These changes in the OBi202's DigitMaps and OutboundCallRoutes look like they have been made to accommodate OBiLINE.

Removing {(<##):>:li} will do no harm if you don't have OBiLINE. Also it does no harm to leave it in. It seems to be designed to allow direct access to the line plugged into OBiLINE by dialling "##".

{(<911:316xxxxxxx>):sp1} in the OutboundCallRoute is a better option than <911:**1316xxxxxxx> in the DigitMap. Both will work, but <911:**1316xxxxxxx> will be processed through the Msp1 DigitMap. {(<911:316xxxxxxx>):sp1} sends the call direct to sp1 with no reference to the Msp1 DigitMap. It cuts out two seconds delay and the possible errors that can occur in DigitMaps.

KevKan

Thanks all.....mystery solved!   I don't believe an OBiLINE is in my future as I have not had a PTSN for several years. :)